2016 ISX misbehaving.
06-20-2021, (Subject: 2016 ISX misbehaving. ) 
RE: 2016 ISX misbehaving.
(06-20-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Start with a full EGR-tune up + replacing the EGR sensors that are mroe than a couple 3 years old + cleaning out all the EGR and intake piping/circuits.

Also replace the Exhaust gas pressure sensor if it has mnore than 400k miles of run time on it. As well, ensure the feed-circuit is not plugged up for it, as it is common for it to get plugged off with soot and cause bad readings.

How old is the IMAP?... how old is the EGR Delta-P? .. etc.etc.etc. - That is the place to start.

BTW: just because there are no faults for those sensors do not mean they are not bad... that ecm will not fault most of them unless they damn near completely failed.

-- I remember back in the day when my Delta-P sensor got clogged up... Truck would laugh at you for about 8-10 seconds every time you pressed the fuel pedal to the floor... would complain and refuse to accelerate... and then all of the sudden take off like a rocket. <- for mine, it was the Delta-P sensor crossover tubes had clogged up.

I did a complete tune-up, replaced everything, cleaned out all the piping and suddenly it felt like I had a brand new truck again.
Thank you very much. Now i just gotta find the good tech to do it i guess. Or should i just try to do it myself? Idk. First cummins engine for me. All i ever drove was CAT, got 1 600 000 out of it before i sold. Was easy and simple.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: 2016 ISX misbehaving. - Leon707 - 06-20-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.