cm2250 ISX 15 gushing coolant from res...
06-22-2021, (Subject: cm2250 ISX 15 gushing coolant from res... ) 
cm2250 ISX 15 gushing coolant from res...
2013 KW T660 cm2250 ISX 15 750k on Cummins inframe ... As I was about to pull into my receiver in Hopkinsville KY I pushed out bunch of coolant. Couldn't tell from where cause everything is covered in coolant. Was running fine and no code until the low coolant light... no warning at all... I let it sit a while, added some coolant and started it... noticed bubbles in coolant. Shut it off, loosened the cap and started it back up... totally gushing it out. I'm screwed...
Any shop near here that I can get to with a de-mandated truck??
replyreply
RE: cm2250 ISX 15 gushing coolant from res...
Sounds like you sunk a liner, but on rare circumstances a bad air compressor will do it too or the egr cooler cracked. You're literally a 6 hour drive to Haggai's south of Atlanta which isn't really far. Waterloo drove there from Michigan under very similar circumstances with the fill cap removed and a rag zip tied to the neck of it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
If it absolutely can't be driven, have it towed to Haggs.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Zip tie a rag over the coolant opening and get to Haggai, I was surprised that I only used say a gallon and a half, maybe two gallons of coolant in that entire 700+ mile trip. My #5 liner had broke loose, just wobbling around in there, and it was routine for it to blow off hoses at that point. So it was making some serious pressure, I would say more than what you are currently experiencing.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
just for limping it somewhere ...

- Someone should likely mention that it can only be driven bobtail, and very gently with the rad-cap loose/rag over it. Any sort of load on the enigne will cause a significantly higher risk of problems.

also that the coolant will likely run a gallon low.. that is ok, just as long as it does not get 2 or 3 gallons low.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Possmguts , Waterloo
(06-22-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  just for limping it somewhere ...

- Someone should likely mention that it can only be driven bobtail, and very gently with the rad-cap loose/rag over it. Any sort of load on the enigne will cause a significantly higher risk of problems.

also that the coolant will likely run a gallon low.. that is ok, just as long as it does not get 2 or 3 gallons low.

Just running it long enough to build air and back up out of the way it was pushing it out with the cap loose... You guys are saying that it may only push a gallon or so out but be ok for 5.5 hours with a rag and zip tie over the loose cap? Still no codes, sounds like nothings wrong, just pushing coolant... pretty quickly...
replyreply
Try unhooking your air compressor and see if it stops pushing coolant out. It's worth a shot before you condemn it to an inframe and a big tow bill from the sounds of it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
(06-22-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Try unhooking your air compressor and see if it stops pushing coolant out. It's worth a shot before you condemn it to an inframe and a big tow bill from the sounds of it.

Un-hooking the compressor? You mean the cooling lines? How do you block those off to do this check?
replyreply
(06-22-2021 )Possmguts Wrote:  
(06-22-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Try unhooking your air compressor and see if it stops pushing coolant out. It's worth a shot before you condemn it to an inframe and a big tow bill from the sounds of it.

Un-hooking the compressor? You mean the cooling lines? How do you block those off to do this check?

Thanks for that, but that didn't change anything... looks like I got the bigger problems.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.