Incomplete regen and turbo delay cm871
06-26-2021, (Subject: Incomplete regen and turbo delay cm871 ) 
RE: Incomplete regen and turbo delay cm871
Yes the cooler must have been leaking as I am doing the clean out now and you can tell by the shine of the soot that made it all the way into the intake I don’t have insite to use and yes I am disgusted with the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent but not sure in the Minneapolis area where to take where someone knows what the hell they are doing and especially me having time to work on this truck every night after work
I can do the work like changing the doc but don’t have software to finish job
So ya I am literally stuck in a rut The doc I am sure is original because I have driven the truck since 500k till now
Any recommendations as to where to take this in Minneapolis area would be great also
Thank you
replyreply
06-27-2021, (Subject: Incomplete regen and turbo delay cm871 ) 
(06-26-2021 )Big red 09 Wrote:  Yes the cooler must have been leaking as I am doing the clean out now and you can tell by the shine of the soot that made it all the way into the intake I don’t have insite to use and yes I am disgusted with the tens of thousands of dollars I have spent but not sure in the Minneapolis area where to take where someone knows what the hell they are doing and especially me having time to work on this truck every night after work
I can do the work like changing the doc but don’t have software to finish job
So ya I am literally stuck in a rut The doc I am sure is original because I have driven the truck since 500k till now
Any recommendations as to where to take this in Minneapolis area would be great also
Thank you

Replace the DOC filter, the DPF is new, correct? If that EGR cooler is leaking with that new DPF filter, that filter is now more than likely shot too, along with the old DOC filter, which sucks.

The EGR cooler is easy to get too once the turbo is off, really not that difficult and the weather is nice. My stuff always breaks in the winter months...

Drain the coolant and replace the EGR cooler, and don't forget to throw a new hose on the backside of the cooler that runs up behind the head, part number 3684238. You will need a new gasket for the backside of the cooler too, part number 3683537.

I would get all of that swapped out and then take it someplace that has the software to reset the DPF system. You will not hurt anything running it up to a shop.

Or, get one of these and eliminate the issue, I can send you the 871 file to do it in your driveway, that is where I did mine six or seven years ago... https://www.ebay.com/itm/254353420216?_t...%3A2334524

Then you will not need to buy new cans, just keep your old ones and bust them out. No more issues and it will pay for the Inline reader and some of your labor.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
(06-27-2021 )Waterloo Wrote:  Then you will not need to buy new cans, just keep your old ones and bust them out. No more issues and it will pay for the Inline reader and some of your labor.

This is by far your easiest, cheapest, fastest option.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
The cooler was replaced at same time as the dpf was and the doc was cleaned at that time
They did a forced regen at that time and said it passed So I would think I could replace just the DOC and then have recalibrated
replyreply
(06-27-2021 )Big red 09 Wrote:  The cooler was replaced at same time as the dpf was and the doc was cleaned at that time
They did a forced regen at that time and said it passed So I would think I could replace just the DOC and then have recalibrated

Yep, install a new DOC and take it up to a shop to reset the clock on the regen clock thingy.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
06-29-2021, (Subject: Incomplete regen and turbo delay cm871 ) 
Hello back again finally
Anyway so if I get the kit off eBay and you send me the file I just download that file?
And remove the insides of both cans? Is there anything more that needs to be done to truck?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.