Demandated Update
05-04-2023, (Subject: Demandated Update ) 
RE: Demandated Update
(05-04-2023 )kozakvod Wrote:  ...
NOT in an aerodynamic truck. I am a car hauler in a 2014 388 Pete with a 3 car rack and 6 car trailer. Generally I have an SUV backed on overhead so I'm ALWAYS pushing air
After the delete, 5.1 is about it. I didn't do the delete for the hopes of better MPG. Mine sucks regardless.
... biggest change. Driving habits!

On a business sense .. It makes me wonder what is more profitable in car hauling. I don;t think that very many people who haul cars think about this on a business and long term profit standpoint, , so I am putting it out there...

I know guys who use an Aero truck high-rise and use a car hauler trailer. They typically haul 2 less cars that way.. but they also can see about 7 - 7.5 mpg at those speeds and driving habits that you are describing + everything set up for fuel mileage.

SO it begs the question.. 5 mpg and 2 more cars on the deck?.. or 7mpg and 2 less cars on the deck. - That is a is a big difference.. and I cannot see personally, how 2 more cars is going to make up for $30,000 more in higher fuel costs alone in a single year, nonetheless year after year + all the extra wear and maintenance, when you add it all up.

A car hauler that can haul 2 more cars .. does it really earn $35,000 or $40,000 more in a single year in net profits after fuel, and all other expenses .. to justify the extra $30k+ in fuel costs above a car hauler that simply hauls 2 less cars?. - I find it highly doubtful for a lot of applications. It would also allow someone to drop their rates, making deliveries of 2 less cars at a time more appealing to the customers too... while still making a higher profit.

In all reality, it seems to me anyways, that if i were looking into hauling cars, it would just not be worth a buying into a $200,000 car-hauler only specialty truck, its high payments, etc.. all that lower fuel mileage, all the higher maint. costs, etc... square nose brick with a tiny little sleeper, etc. just to be able to load 2 or maybe 3 more cars, except for some kind of high dollar specialty purposes.

- Just wondering what others think about this thought... or am I not even close?. One unanswered question would be net profit margin (the amount of net profit that you had to actually pay taxes on) vs. how many cars hauled in a year ... then looking at the net profit per car.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy , ktblogistics

Messages In This Thread
Demandated Update - kozakvod - 07-12-2021,
RE: Demandated Update - JimT - 07-17-2021,
RE: Demandated Update - Rawze - 05-04-2023

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.