Isx iat info
07-13-2021, (Subject: Isx iat info ) 
Thumbs Down Isx iat info
On a cm2350 where is iat actually measured and are there any simple rules of thumb or relationship of iat vs ambient temp? Generally, what are acceptable temps or a good range, and why? Just trying to learn. Simplified version is fine as I am probably not the sharpest pencil on the desk. Thanks
replyreply
07-17-2021, (Subject: Isx iat info ) 
RE: Isx iat info
There is a sensor on the inlet of the turbo and intake manifold pressure sensor also serves as the IAT. I’m not too sure on IAT verses ambient. But generally air after the cac is still hotter than ambient. I’m sure others with greater knowledge that have logged temps driving will chime in.
replyreply
07-17-2021, (Subject: Isx iat info ) 
RE: Isx iat info
The intake air temp sensor is part of the IMAP sensor on the manifold. It reads higher than ambient normally .. and if you have EGR active, it will read several hundred degrees as the EGR gas is quite warm as it comes back into the intake.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.