Need ideas for replacing motor
07-22-2021, (Subject: Need ideas for replacing motor ) 
RE: Need ideas for replacing motor
- Rebuild it. Go all out and do all the extra things recommended on here to make it a solid million mile+ engine build, put an electronic VGT500 series turbo on it and a CM871 ecm+wiring harness. <- that is what I would do if you don't need to meet the communist state California standards any ways (SCR trucks only after next year). - It will technically still be a CM870 (egr only).

forum member 'running rough' did this before with good success. Maybe talk to him about it.

Any engine that is actually newer, you will end up with a 'glider' and you will have to install any emissions to go with it for it to be somewhat legal... (even if it is just for looks ehemm). Keep it as a CM870 and only update the ecm, wiring, and turbo... and it will technically still be a CM870, but with the added benefit if the electronic VGT and better programming.

just my thoughts on it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ZeroNthedark , barf , Toolguy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need ideas for replacing motor - Rawze - 07-22-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.