CM570 reprograming
07-25-2021, (Subject: CM570 reprograming ) 
CM570 reprograming
Hey Guys and Gals, I am new to the ISX world, I have owned a few 400BCs, more than a handfull of S60s and even a MBE. I am having to replace the ECM on my 450 hp CM570 ISX and have a few questions, When i have the new ecm programed, can I have the hp turned up to the 475 - 500 range without changing turbo, injectors or cams ? can they raise my rpm govenor up from 1800 to 2100 ? I am replacing ecm because of code 627 and code 251, i am linked to quick serve and have followed the tree and done the electrical tests and all have proved my wiring and sensors are working properly and pointing to the ecm, so i figured that if i can get a bit more power out of this motor, all the better. TIA for the imput. Troy
replyreply
07-25-2021, (Subject: CM570 reprograming ) 
RE: CM570 reprograming
should read this...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1&pid=1#pid1

I know its for newer engines but the info still applies.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
07-26-2021, (Subject: CM570 reprograming ) 
Rawze, thank you for the link. Made for some good reading. The Cummins shop that is doing the programing will be getting the info off my old ecm and wanted the vin of the Volvo and all the engine numbers off the valve cover to make sure they get the right programing not only for the motor, but for the entire truck. I was just wondering if their was a way to bump it up, but i am fully satisfied with the stock parameters. Thank you again
replyreply
07-26-2021, (Subject: CM570 reprograming ) 
(07-26-2021 )Tcarothers Wrote:  Rawze, thank you for the link. Made for some good reading. The Cummins shop that is doing the programing will be getting the info off my old ecm and wanted the vin of the Volvo and all the engine numbers off the valve cover to make sure they get the right programing not only for the motor, but for the entire truck. I was just wondering if their was a way to bump it up, but i am fully satisfied with the stock parameters. Thank you again

It is best to stay with the program that is made for the engine and truck piping ... You could always however pull a copy of the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to someone to have only the flywheel torque/power settings bumped up a bit.

It being a CM570, make sure it does not over-boost... should be about 37psi or so max at the extremes.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.