Advice on a new truck
08-02-2021, (Subject: Advice on a new truck ) 
Advice on a new truck
Got a 2022 565 2050 what’s the best way to-break it in…….do I lug it or keep the rpms up above 15
replyreply
RE: Advice on a new truck
Simple answer.....

Never.....

Ever......

Lug a Cummins!!!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: killer389 , Roysbigtoys
Maybe he didn't finish his sentence. Break it in... record time?

Don't ever lug an engine. It slows the flow of heat out the exhaust and traps it in the engine among a pile of other problems.

If you want to get your EXTRRMELY WELL BUILT AND DESIGNED engine to break in properly... use it. Don't abuse it. Attach it to full load and go to work. Diesel engines are big ol beasts and take time to "settle" in. But they are also workhorses designed to be worked.

What made you go with such a high torque rating? 2050 is quite a ways up there. What kind of operations do you use the truck for?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , killer389
I would put an 1850 torque file in it. Especially if you're putting hired driver's in it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , killer389 , DSTdriver
Earnies2 was here the other day ... he said that those clowns over on the XM radio trucker channel are telling everybody to gear their trucks really tall and run them at 1100 rpm ... Man, those people are beyond complete godda$mn morons!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , Chamberpains , LRT1549 , DSTdriver
Definitely get an 1850 file. Keep your rpms up above 1500 period, especially pulling hills and don't be shy to put your foot to the floor especially when heavy in the beginning but ease into it. You won't get great fuel mileage doing so but it will properly seat the rings and your mpg will eventually creep upward. Minimize idling when you can but give it enough time to cool off before you shut the engine off. Your dpf filter will thank you for it too. I'm going to assume this is a Peterbilt or KW? What are your specs? Operating conditions?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: killer389
Specs r for a new 2022 389 565 X15 with Eaton 18 with 2050 with 3:36 sitting on 275 80 r 22.5 pulling hopper usually maxed out 90-94k
replyreply
Sounds like you'll be lucky to get 400K Miles out of it.To much torque on to tall of gearing.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: killer389
(08-02-2021 )killer389 Wrote:  
(08-02-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Sounds like you'll be lucky to get 400K Miles out of it.To much torque on to tall of gearing.

Thank u for all this information first Cummins I’ve driven all the others have been cat and Detroit I’m just trying to take care of the equipment I’ve been entrusted with the best way I can
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.