Fuel Injector's
08-02-2021, (Subject: Fuel Injector's ) 
Fuel Injector's
Looking for recommendations on a good place to get a set of fuel injectors, cummins only has one in town and its 800 and would like to put a full set in.
replyreply
RE: Fuel Injector's
Try international, freightliner, Kenworth, Peterbilt...just about anyone who services Cummins might have a full set.
replyreply
No one in my area does there was only one available and there very expensive, I've found them on line from 3 to 500 each, but wanted some recommendation before I buy them
replyreply
Here's the recommendation...... don't buy them.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
My injectors in my prostar have 1.2 million miles on them....only had to change 1 due to a bad spray pattern discovered during my inframe.

I would test then and only replace any found leaking because even Cummins reman injectors are hit and miss.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: superbudy208
aftermarket and fleebay injectors (or other internal engine components) are NOT recommended on here. More bad than good only ever comes of it in the end.

and BTW: $800 usd sounds very reasonable for an ISX injector if you ask me.

DON'T BE A CHEAPSKATE... BUY OEM ONLY ON THE INTERNALS ... IT ONLY leads to spending more money in the end if you don't do so!!!... I have no idea why people do this to a $40,000 commercial engine and then wonder why they crack pistons and all sorts of other problems... and then wonder why it costs them $20k to undo the garbage cheap-sate ideas they did to their engines.

AND WHY THE H#ELL DO YOU WANT TO REPLACE ALL 6 INJECTORS ANY WAYS?--- DID SOME KIND OF DAMAGE OCCUR IN THE ENGINE TO MAKE THEM ALL GO BAD?--- SOUNDS LIKE SOME A-HOLE EITHER ABUSING THEIR ENGINE BADLY CAUSING THEM TO FAIL... OR DOING NOTHING BUT GUESSING AND WASTING MONEY TO ME!.--- ANYONE BOTHER TO DO A PROPER INJECTOR LEAK TEST ON THEM?
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid63879

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I kinda thought that cheap injectors were not the way to go that's why was looking for recommendation's.

Ok the price is understandable and it is what it is.

Was thinking about replacing all the injectors, because the fuel lines were coming apart when I bought the truck, and there was very fine particles getting past the filter, and can hear a slight bump in the truck and get's worse when loaded up a hill, also still waitning for the injector test fitting to show up.

Still fighting the low fuel milage issues.
replyreply
Shouldn't be any particles getting past the secondary filter. Anything that passes through that one should pass through the injector harmlessly.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: superbudy208
Yeah I wish that was the case but, there was fine black particles on the fuel rail plug when I checked it.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.