Belts and tensioners…
08-04-2021, (Subject: Belts and tensioners… ) 
Belts and tensioners…
How often are you guys changing your main belt and its tensioner?? How about the AC belt, its tensioner, and idler pulley??? Just curious. Thanks, JMBT

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
RE: Belts and tensioners…
400k miles or less.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: barf , JMBT
I have been doing 200k. I don’t know why, I just have. But now I am at my 200k and they both seem fine. With the price of things now, I don’t want to “waste” any money… so maybe I’ll wait a bit longer…?? Idk?? Decisions, decisions…

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
I have something squealing at 150K

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
08-05-2021, (Subject: Belts and tensioners… ) 
(08-04-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  I have something squealing at 150K

Small, dry bar of soap ... very lightly rub (using pliers to hold it so your hand in not in the belt area) onto the belts one at a time at idle while they are squealing ... if it stops, its a belt. if it has no effect, it is a bearing.

Belts squeal when dirt gets into the grooves of the pulleys.. or if they get polished smooth from sand, etc. ... removing belts and scuffing them up + cleaning groves with an old wire brush can solve a lot of it. Pulleys are also not supposed to be shiny.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , tree98 , hookliftpete , barf , superbudy208
08-05-2021, (Subject: Belts and tensioners… ) 
If I go through a dusty lot with the fan on my belt will squeal for the next several fan cycles if the rpms go over 1500 with the fan engaged.
replyreply
08-07-2021, (Subject: Belts and tensioners… ) 
(08-04-2021 )JMBT Wrote:  I have been doing 200k. I don’t know why, I just have. But now I am at my 200k and they both seem fine. With the price of things now, I don’t want to “waste” any money… so maybe I’ll wait a bit longer…?? Idk?? Decisions, decisions…

I carry one of each tensioner and a idler and belts, they don't take up any room, eventually they will need to be replaced so it's not like you've wasted money, but you'll have them when they are needed.

User's Signature: 08 KW W900L 600hp ISX, 18sp, 3:36 rears.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.