Allison transmissions
08-11-2021, (Subject: Allison transmissions ) 
RE: Allison transmissions
I hate Automatic trannies... Why not use a stick and be done with it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-11-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I hate Automatic trannies... Why not use a stick and be done with it.

I have a bum left knee, my ProStar is automatic too. Besides I don't want to be holding my Proton Pack out the window trying to catch a ghost and have to reach over and shift.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
(08-11-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  My 5.9 Cummins (stock) in my 1 ton dually has had 3 transmissions in 140k miles. Unless you go with special bands you're not going to get long life out of one. The issue stems from the band material the use stick. They stretch the intermediate bands out to the point you can't adjust them anymore. So IMO the 47re and 48re are underbuilt for the power of the diesels.

I pull a 16k lb fifth wheel RV with it and after the last trans failure I spent the extra $ to have one custom built to my specifications.
I have a good friend that has a 12 valve dodge dually 4x4 and he said Allison. I don't want to put a ton of money into a transmission.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.