Cm2350 Turbo Help please
08-12-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 Turbo Help please ) 
RE: Cm2350 Turbo Help please
My truck will slobber a bit if I have to idle overnight and the air filter is real dirty and causing too much of a vacuum on the impeller.

What coolant are you running? I don't see any red in that bottle. Looks almost like water or that green automotive stuff.
replyreply
It’s the Orange coolant and The overflow bottle is very dirty, I always mark and watch my coolant religiously but last week hill international filled my coolant to the very top when they did the overhead adjustment, I never keep it that full but I haven’t drained any out I figured it probably doesn’t make sense too
replyreply
And I have been idling a bit more than normal because my APU A/C isn’t working and it has a couple other issues and Thermo king wanted 2500 to replace starter and AC compressor so I attempted to get it working before I replaced then myself and I got the starter working but it took the tip of my thumb off in the process which sucked pretty damn bad. So in all I’ve been letting it idle for maybe 40 min tops it doesn’t run all night just if it gets hot I fire up and cool down than off again and I bump my RPMs up to 900 when I do idle.
replyreply
number one reason we get customers in here with turbo oil leaking is due to crank case filter. Second is the oil return line has kink. and last one is engine is making to much pressure. Every now and then Ill see a turbo is bad
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhostHauling
Demandate that thing and make your life easier. A little more than you spent on those sensors would have got it done. What engine are we working on here anyway??

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhostHauling
(08-12-2021 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  number one reason we get customers in here with turbo oil leaking is due to crank case filter. Second is the oil return line has kink. and last one is engine is making to much pressure. Every now and then Ill see a turbo is bad

Thank you Mr. Hagg I’ll be sure to inspect everything and Is it possible for the maintenance free filter to go bad?
replyreply
(08-12-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Demandate that thing and make your life easier. A little more than you spent on those sensors would have got it done. What engine are we working on here anyway??

Thank you for your advice and The reason I haven’t Demandated it Is simply because I am learning how the systems work and how to maintain them and my after treatment system is in good shape and it hasn’t started causing me any issues and I don’t want to risk getting a bad demandate because I don’t know anyone near me to do it right and I’m worried doing that well destroy my engine. And it’s a isx15 450 HP cm2350
replyreply
(08-12-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  
(08-12-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  I see people all the time neglect their crank case filter, then wonder why they got chewed up cams and turbo's that slobber oil all the time.

How does it cause chewed up cams? I'm not at all disputing it just curious why.

The overhead cams only get about 8-9 PSI of oil pressure from the oil pump (a bit less at idle). - Because of this, ANY pressure buildup in the crank case at all causes a significant drop in the amount of oil going to the top-end. It starves the cams and rockers of oil and then you eventually get a chewed up cam.

- Personally, I think that the crank case filter should have never been installed on these engines. It causes nothing but shortened engine longevity and saves nothing in the environment at all.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
this is probably stupid but is there a better way to do away with the crank case filter than the maintenance free filter or is this essentially the same thing. Also I was told that the first three rocker arms on the SX 15 are often rusty and on my truck everything in the overhead looks good cams and rockers the tech said he thinks somebody changed the rocker arms bc they were in such good shape.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.