Cm2350 Turbo Help please
08-18-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 Turbo Help please ) 
RE: Cm2350 Turbo Help please
Usually IMO once you start getting those codes the turbo isn't far from jamming up.
replyreply
Will a demandate exacerbate this inevitable end or relieve the stress or make no change ?
replyreply
(08-12-2021 )Nilao Wrote:  I have 1.44 million miles on mine and I have never had a rust issue on my rocker arms. 12 years and still running the factory cams/rockers.

I suppose this is the rust the tech was talking about

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
I think I remember that picture from a while back. That truck sat somewhere for quite a while and wasn't started. That's called "lot rot". If I remember right that was an RV type truck, wasn't used often.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
A gallon of decent brand of gear lube at each oil change would help to prevent that. Also starting it and letting it get up to operating temp every 2 weeks or so to prevent the moisture buildup.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I found it searching the forum for Turbo actuator issues and found it, I believe it was a low mile newer truck the guy ran normal but it was like 10 pages deep somewhere I could be wrong, I’ve been trying to find out if my scheduled demandate is going to make my turbo struggle more, heck I literally have had no complaints with my turbo other than finding a little oil in fresh air intake after some prolonged idle ( APU issues ) and twice the fan kicked on going up a hill on a hard pull and the turbo climbed up to 35 psi on my aftermarket gauge and it triggered that code without a CEL and today I seen the inactive fault code for actuator. But I’m still doing the demandate because I’m trying to prolong the life of my truck.
replyreply
08-19-2021, (Subject: Cm2350 Turbo Help please ) 
Demandate will be a lot easier on the turbo. With that said none of us have a crystal ball and can tell you when your current turbo will fail. I believe the lifespan of a vg on a stock truck is around 500K mi.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Well I appreciate it anyways I just didn’t want to make a bad situation worse off by doing it and this stock turbo has 700 k on it and still going for now I’m not convinced it’s bad nevertheless I’m preparing for its end as well as a new head I’m saving for since those brass cup rings were a bandaid, of all the times I wish this was a hood truck the dang head has to be tough on these short hood Prostars so it’s gonna be interesting
replyreply
(08-19-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  Well I appreciate it anyways I just didn’t want to make a bad situation worse off by doing it and this stock turbo has 700 k on it and still going for now I’m not convinced it’s bad nevertheless I’m preparing for its end as well as a new head I’m saving for since those brass cup rings were a bandaid, of all the times I wish this was a hood truck the dang head has to be tough on these short hood Prostars so it’s gonna be interesting

prostar is very easy to replace the head, overheul, etc.. and get to everything. I guess you never watched my re-build series.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.