Turbo boosting at idle?
08-23-2021, (Subject: Turbo boosting at idle? ) 
RE: Turbo boosting at idle?
OK ... so I was sent the file for this guys truck. Some de-mandates are bad... they are your basic hack-n-slash.. make codes go away and hope the ecm can fix the rest for ya (although in reality it cannot).. and some fall into that category of completely ridiculous and severely destructive.. THIS PROGRAM IS AS BAD AS I HAVE EVER SEEN AN X15 PROGRAM. Here are the details...

* The engine mode control logic is still 100% factory... like expected and mentioned in my first response post.. That turbo is going to spool up at idle and attempt to warm up a non-existant EGR and DPF system .. and get stuck there permanently.

* The following codes are active but blocked from showing up in the dash... This delete is a severely bad hack-n-slash at its best. THESE ARE CODES that the ecm is still screaming is wrong but are unable to show up.. because things were NOT shut off properly at all...

1866 - EGR Delta-P unplugged.
2349 - EGR valve unplugged.
2375 - EGR temp sensor unplugged.
2771 - DPF Nox sensor unplugged.
3232 - DPF Nox sensor unplugged.
1896 - EGR valve failure.
3868 - DEF quality sensor fail.
6688 - DPF PM sensor fail.
3539 - Intake throttle device fail.
4277 - DEF quality not communicating.
6767 - DEF fluid system failure.
1117 - ECM general communications failure with vehicle.
3364 - Electrical system +5 volts power converter fail.
2272 - EGR valve stuck closed.
2273 - EGR Delta-P shorted out.
4677 - DEF tank level sensor failure.
4572 - DEF tank temp sensor fail.

-- Like i said.. NONE of these codes should be active or blocked in the programming like someone did.. this makes the engine VERY difficult to troubleshoot if there are issues later on.

* The diesel on-time conversion tables for the injectors has been heavily edited. This will fool the dash of the truck into showing higher than actual fuel mileage all the time.. it destroys all cylinder balancing by the ecm, and it also destroys the combustion pressure control of the ecm... it is one of the worst ways to try to make HP that a person can imagine... and it is completely un-necessary no matter how much power someone wants in their engine.

* Here is the power curve... IT WILL ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THIS ENGINE IN A HURRY!!!..
./uploads/202108/post_2_1629758545_77fc8370c6e0cf71e62c94478a2c36ff.png
IT IS A RIDICULOUS, LINER-KILLING 2250FT.LBS AT 665 hp.

* The injection timing is still factory and expecting EGR gas.. it is more than +10 BTDC and will fret a liner out of this engine in a hurry.

* The turbo is being forced upwards to making 38 LBS boost under fulll operating loads. An X15 engine cannot handle more than 30-32 PSI boost even at 700 HP... nonetheless what it is set to... this is going to make it run severely too lean and it fight its own exhaust back-pressures all the time... if it does not cause a cracked piston failure.

* NONE of the auxiliary fall-back emissions has been correctly set for a non-emissions engine.. THIS WILL screw with injection timing, boost levels and all sorts of other bad, unpredictable behaviour.

-- THIS PROGRAM will absolutely destroy this engine in a hurry. Not only is it over-powered, but it is severely harmful and destructive to the internals. Engine friction is going to be horrendous and the engine will fail in a couple years time ... or sooner if driven hard. <- This is one of the worst delete programs that I have seen for the ISX X15 to date by far... looks just like those programs that are coming out of those horrible big-name colarado tuning shops.. although someone in canada supposedly did this. <- whoever made this program should be absolutely ashamed of themselves... and are doing nothing but tearing up $40,000 commercial engines with this crap not fit to run a lawn-mower with, nonetheless someone who has to rely on their equipment.

I also spoke with the shop owner who had someone remote-tune this engine.. and he had no clue how bad this program was. Hopefully his eyes will open and he will stop doing this to people's engines, now that his eyes are open.

-- Welcome to the bad delete club!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.