Need help & educated on tunes.
08-23-2021, (Subject: Need help & educated on tunes. ) 
Need help & educated on tunes.
Okay. I need pointed in the right direction where to get more info and educate myself on tuning( not to do anything myself or even touch anything ). My truck is tuned now. The issue i have is of a morning 70ish deg outside it starts up okay. Through out the day runs good except at a stop light or when i park the truck it lightly rocks side to side. When i start it if its hot like 97degs this Sunday. It runs a little rough and has a slight rattle type sound until it warms up(130+ deg coolant).. Mainly looking to educate myself. The imap and ambient pressure were new 1 month ago. Could i have a sensor issue or does this have to do with ecm modes?
replyreply
08-23-2021, (Subject: Need help & educated on tunes. ) 
RE: Need help & educated on tunes.
will it pass an injector leak-down test?
cm2250 leak-down teast

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-24-2021, (Subject: Need help & educated on tunes. ) 
Who did your tune?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
Rawze i will try this afternoon. I appreciate the reply. I just wish i could make it to you guys down there. But i never go that far...
replyreply
(08-24-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Who did your tune?

I think it was Mr.hag .. then he had someone else unknown screw with it cuz he could not leave well enough alone, and was listening to those ISX group idiots over on social medai .. then hag again straightening it out .. not sure though.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Rawze i will try this afternoon. I appreciate the reply. I just wish i could make it to you guys down there. But i never go that far...
replyreply
(08-24-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-24-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  Who did your tune?

I think it was Mr.hag .. then he had someone else unknown screw with it cuz he could not leave well enough alone, and was listening to those ISX group idiots over on social medai .. then hag again straightening it out .. not sure though.

Rawze you're correct. This deal has cost me $5100 clutch blow out, plus mr. Haggs time, and atleast 5days down time( stealer ship cracked my pto and had to rebuild it and then the boy that put my clutch in put everything together & forgot a disk). Good shops here are tied up for harvest season.
replyreply
Rocking most of the time is from a missfire. Either weak Cylinder, weak injector, wiring harness, and even bad ecm if drivers inside ecm are bad.. Like rawze mention before check for leak down to make sure no injectors are leaking. You can do cylinder cut out to see if any you cut out stops the shake. And go from there. You can all on cold start up check cylinder temps you will see if all are firing the same.
Strange this I had the other day was had one running rough and I would have bet $1000 that it had a bad injector or weak compression. The jakes started acting funny during test drive to i installed 2 new solenoids. Test drove did the same thing. So I started looking at the injector/Jake harness looked ok but was slightly wet with oil. I went ahead and replaced harness. And wow... thing ran like a top. Engine had a slight fuel knock before too and that was gone too..So there's a few things to check for... With Rawze's (I use his recommended settings) idle timing is perfect and runs smooth every single time for that model engine so if for some reason its not smooth need to look somewhere other than tuning...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne , barf
(08-24-2021 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Rocking most of the time is from a missfire. Either weak Cylinder, weak injector, wiring harness, and even bad ecm if drivers inside ecm are bad.. Like rawze mention before check for leak down to make sure no injectors are leaking. You can do cylinder cut out to see if any you cut out stops the shake. And go from there. You can all on cold start up check cylinder temps you will see if all are firing the same.
Strange this I had the other day was had one running rough and I would have bet $1000 that it had a bad injector or weak compression. The jakes started acting funny during test drive to i installed 2 new solenoids. Test drove did the same thing. So I started looking at the injector/Jake harness looked ok but was slightly wet with oil. I went ahead and replaced harness. And wow... thing ran like a top. Engine had a slight fuel knock before too and that was gone too..So there's a few things to check for... With Rawze's (I use his recommended settings) idle timing is perfect and runs smooth every single time for that model engine so if for some reason its not smooth need to look somewhere other than tuning...
Good evening Mr Hagg. Can you please give me the part # for the injector/Jake harness? My trucks engine brake with Cummins 871, in the last 2 months or so started not working to well. It isn’t working like it should. I have a feeling it’s the harness.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.