isx 15 head replacement tune parameters
08-25-2021, (Subject: isx 15 head replacement tune parameters ) 
isx 15 head replacement tune parameters
Hi yall i just recently installed a cylinder head on customers truck it was cracked and a valve seat was missing the truck was at 4 previous shops before it came to me they tuned it removed dpf def egr another put a turbo on it and another did a high press pump and another did an injector in cyl 6 where the issues were they couldn't get it running had a loose injector tube lack of fuel pressure repaired the issue had miss on 6 did compression test and leak down that's why i replaced cyl head i dont want to have issues with this truck runs great but i have no idea of what egt temperature is and i know it shouldn't be above 1200 at any given time i have insite but it only tells me calc egt if i put a manual gauge in after turbo will it be accurate ? also i dont know anything about adjusting parameters is their someone that could possibly teamviewer in to look at this thing gladly pay for the help just don't want to be like the other 4 guys any help and input would be apricated
thank you for your time
replyreply
RE: isx 15 head replacement tune parameters
The programming aside (which will be terrible) did you cut the counterbores and shim the liners up to .014 ? Did you torque the head down and then let it sit overnight to crush the gasket before final torque? Did you put a brand new head on it and not a reman? If these things were not done you'll be tearing it back apart in short order regardless.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(08-25-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  The programming aside (which will be terrible) did you cut the counterbores and shim the liners up to .014 ? Did you torque the head down and then let it sit overnight to crush the gasket before final torque? Did you put a brand new head on it and not a reman? If these things were not done you'll be tearing it back apart in short order regardless.

Yes brand new head yes let sit overnight @300ft lbs liner protrusion was measured and in spec
replyreply
08-26-2021, (Subject: isx 15 head replacement tune parameters ) 
(08-25-2021 )Justinmakuch Wrote:  Yes brand new head yes let sit overnight @300ft lbs liner protrusion was measured and in spec

I can only assume you pulled the final 90 degrees (usually close to 500+ ft.lbs) on the bolts after re-torquing the head bolts a second time to 300-ft.lbs the next day?. you were not clear on that.

no disrespect, but this is the hard truth...

"liner protrusion was measured and in spec" -- THIS IS ABSOLUTELY SCARES ME and if it were my truck, I would be seriously pissed off!!!. Cummins spec says 0.007" - 0.010" is in spec ... but if you let one go out of your shop at much less than about 0.015" ... and especially not counter-bored!!! ... then that engine will be coming apart IN A YEAR OR THREE just like mentioned above!... NOT RAISING THE LINERS TO A RECOMMENDED 0.015" - 0.016" (THE BEST PLACE BEING ALL OF THEM AT 0.015" ... THEN YOU HAVE NOT EXTENDED THAT ENGINES LIFE BY ONE GADDAMN BIT!

- And yeah, assume the programming is bad... real bad until you get it reviewed. Pull a copy of the program out of the ECM and e-mail it to me for a review so that you know exactly what someone did and what is in there. More than 90% of all de-mandate programming will eat the guts out of an ISX and it has nothing to do with adding power.. it has to do with not compensating properly for the changes that were made. The engine runs in wrong operating mode, has incorrect fuel air mix and incorrect injection timing, etc.. all while the truck owner swears it seems to run good.

something tells me that this truck is going to end up in my driveway in a year or two, truck owner replacing the head YET AGAIN due to yet another failure... that is the harsh reality that you are implying so far. These engines can only be built certain ways... ESPECIALLY AFTER THEY HAVE SOME AGE ON THEM .. unless you want to gamble with someone's $20,000+ repair and overhaul bill and make them hate their equipment later on when it has to came all apart for a second, third time.

here is what the typical scenario is...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid41315

If your part of a repair shop... then your at the right place to start learning how to build these engines the right way (the stuffs that the factory does not want you to know, or is not in their procedures).. and the right place to start spotting that plague of bad DE-LETE programming so that you can get it yanked out of your customers engines.. that is .. if your shop gives a damn.. because most shops only get mad and arrogant any more when I point all this stuff out to them instead of learning new things and bettering what they do for their customers.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-26-2021, (Subject: isx 15 head replacement tune parameters ) 
(08-26-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  something tells me that this truck is going to end up in my driveway in a year or two, truck owner replacing the head YET AGAIN due to yet another failure.

(this is not focused towards the person making the posts here, but just a generalized statement)...

Lol, it's a sad state of affairs when someone can get a better job doing it in a guys gravel driveway than he can by people who claim to know what they are doing and CHARGE HUGE money to boot. But it is the truth, those of us who have been here for a while have seen it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.