Suspension lop sided (4 bag)
09-25-2021, (Subject: Suspension lop sided (4 bag) ) 
RE: Suspension lop sided (4 bag)
Looks like you got your moneys worth out of your tarp

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
09-26-2021, (Subject: Suspension lop sided (4 bag) ) 
(09-25-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  If I owned a dump truck like that, would it not make sense to use a separate levelling valve for each side... just to compensate for possible uneven loads, and to help prevent a rollover when the bed was partially up?.
Wouldn't that setup cause a roll over scenario if one happened to fail and the other didn't?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Hermjeji
09-26-2021, (Subject: Suspension lop sided (4 bag) ) 
(09-26-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  If I owned a dump truck like that, would it not make sense to use a separate levelling valve for each side... just to compensate for possible uneven loads, and to help prevent a rollover when the bed was partially up?.
Wouldn't that setup cause a roll over scenario if one happened to fail and the other didn't?

(Thanks Chamberpains.. I re-worded my statement above to correct for my own stupidity) ...

Now that you mention it ,... your probably right. simply putting 2 completely separate levelling valves would inherently be an issue if one had problems. Maybe a dual levelling valve setup that ensures both sides are even at all times?

I was also referring to when a dump truck runs along the road and the bed up partially, dumping gravel, dirt, etc. ... not when the dump bed is all the way up to completely unload a full hopper all at once.

- I can only assume? that when the dump bed is all the way up, and full, the suspension is typically dropped onto the frame so that it has a solid base?

I don't know. I am the dummy on this one ... I am not a dump truck driver, but that is what I would expect.. that the rear was not sitting on air bags alone while the bed was up all the way.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-27-2021, (Subject: Suspension lop sided (4 bag) ) 
(09-25-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  This may not be the suspension causing this.. could it be something in the bed mounting? Have to checked the pivot pins on the bed? What does the mounting bolts of the bed look like? It's possible to have a broken or severely worn out bolt or pin that only shows itself when in the perfect position to do so.

Really good point here. 37k hours on the truck, I will definitely relook at this. This older style of box has all bolts mounted to the cross rails.

Yeah - box full up you typically want to dump it, you can get away with not doing it with gravels and other loads that tend to come out with some type of "flow". But all of the newer setups, come with automatic PTO air dumps, and it's a pain to get the dealer to undo it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.