Suspension lop sided (4 bag)
09-26-2021, (Subject: Suspension lop sided (4 bag) ) 
RE: Suspension lop sided (4 bag)
(09-26-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  
(09-25-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  If I owned a dump truck like that, would it not make sense to use a separate levelling valve for each side... just to compensate for possible uneven loads, and to help prevent a rollover when the bed was partially up?.
Wouldn't that setup cause a roll over scenario if one happened to fail and the other didn't?

(Thanks Chamberpains.. I re-worded my statement above to correct for my own stupidity) ...

Now that you mention it ,... your probably right. simply putting 2 completely separate levelling valves would inherently be an issue if one had problems. Maybe a dual levelling valve setup that ensures both sides are even at all times?

I was also referring to when a dump truck runs along the road and the bed up partially, dumping gravel, dirt, etc. ... not when the dump bed is all the way up to completely unload a full hopper all at once.

- I can only assume? that when the dump bed is all the way up, and full, the suspension is typically dropped onto the frame so that it has a solid base?

I don't know. I am the dummy on this one ... I am not a dump truck driver, but that is what I would expect.. that the rear was not sitting on air bags alone while the bed was up all the way.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Suspension lop sided (4 bag) - Rawze - 09-26-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.