cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust?
08-18-2016, (Subject: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? ) 
Sad cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust?
http://www.m18performance.com/product-p/...ld-kit.htm

I just came across this kit while looking for a full rebuild kit for the turbo, has anyone ever heard of this?

And why isn't there a seal kit availible for the holset?
replyreply
RE: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust?
I'd think if it failed at 400k miles i'd just get a new one. The bearings and such have to have quite a bit of wear by that point.
replyreply
Right, but I'm asking about the quality of this kit for people who maybe don't have $3500 laying around. Just sharing info when I find it dude
replyreply
Might have to try one of these kits
replyreply
Can't say on the quality of the parts. If the installer did good. I could see it being an option. Does anyone make a shaft and wheels for the vgt's? I have a he551 that has some damage,but with the afor,ent ironed kit and a new exhaust wheel, it could be a good useable piece again
replyreply
(08-18-2016 )389guy Wrote:  http://www.m18performance.com/product-p/...ld-kit.htm

I just came across this kit while looking for a full rebuild kit for the turbo, has anyone ever heard of this?

On your first question I can't give you an answer before I slide a file over this parts . If you wonder why , I'll tell you .
Original/genuine Holset bushings, shaft , fork neck and the two square pieces that go on the fork are case hardened. With other words they're hard as ball bearing to outstand the countless moving back and forth during normal operation under high temperatures.
The cage and nozzle are made of chrome/nickel alloy capable of outstanding extremely high temperatures without any distortions and melting. The shafts attached to the cage are hardened same as the above mentioned parts .
All this parts in this kit are most likely made in China. We all know that they are capable of making parts for Holset and they're doing it . But who can vouch this are coming from the same factory that make parts for Holset and their strict demands and are not some lookalikes from god knows where ???
Well..... I hope you get my point ....
I'm taking my time to write this because I have solid experience with Chinese lookalikes , knockoffs and such . About this particular one I can't tell much before the file test is done .
I can talk about another brand for very long . It was good thread with pictures and so but is gone .

On your second question.
There's seal kit made in England (this is where Holset actually got born ) and is made by Melett (highly regarded company).
replyreply
(08-18-2016 )Rig Wrench Wrote:  Can't say on the quality of the parts. If the installer did good. I could see it being an option. Does anyone make a shaft and wheels for the vgt's? I have a he551 that has some damage,but with the afor,ent ironed kit and a new exhaust wheel, it could be a good useable piece again

Yes . There's some on Internet but non are genuine.
replyreply
08-19-2016, (Subject: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? ) 
(08-18-2016 )Wiseman Wrote:  
(08-18-2016 )389guy Wrote:  http://www.m18performance.com/product-p/...ld-kit.htm

On your first question I can't give you an answer before I slide a file over this parts . If you wonder why , I'll tell you .
Original/genuine Holset bushings, shaft , fork neck and the two square pieces that go on the fork are case hardened. With other words they're hard as ball bearing to outstand the countless moving back and forth during normal operation under high temperatures.
The cage and nozzle are made of chrome/nickel alloy capable of outstanding extremely high temperatures without any distortions and melting. The shafts attached to the cage are hardened same as the above mentioned parts .
All this parts in this kit are most likely made in China. We all know that they are capable of making parts for Holset and they're doing it . But who can vouch this are coming from the same factory that make parts for Holset and their strict demands and are not some lookalikes from god knows where ???
Well..... I hope you get my point ....
I'm taking my time to write this because I have solid experience with Chinese lookalikes , knockoffs and such . About this particular one I can't tell much before the file test is done .
I can talk about another brand for very long . It was good thread with pictures and so but is gone .

On your second question.
There's seal kit made in England (this is where Holset actually got born ) and is made by Melett (highly regarded company).

Thank you for the informative response! I'm not looking to purchase this kit however, I thought it may be a viable option for someone one tough times. That's the reason for the question and sharing the link. I get what you're sayin with unknown parts from unknown companies. I need a new compressor side seal, but I'll most likely just a new turbo to be safe.
replyreply
08-19-2016, (Subject: cm871 VGT nozzle rebulid kit to trust or not to trust? ) 
If you look at their stage 1 & 2 871 egr solution, scary! Especially the big plug on the water pump.
Can't say I'd trust their judgement.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.