Zero pressure cooling system
08-30-2021, (Subject: Zero pressure cooling system ) 
Zero pressure cooling system
Cm2350
Demandated
613k miles
W900
New air compressor
EGR cooler exhaust gas pathway welded shut

I have been pushing coolant out for a little while now and put a catch on the overflow valve nipple. I put a pressure gauge in the cooling system to watch pressure(generally did not exceed 8psi) if I was climbing a steep grade and locked the engine fan to ON, the pressure would stay the same regardless of boost pressure. If I let it rise up to 210 the pressure would hit 15 and the valve would open. I have also had higher oil temperatures since chasing this coolant pushing out issue.

Today I decided to go to a zero pressure system and oddly enough my oil temperature dropped by 10 degrees and my coolant temperature seems to rise slower on the grades that before I was turning my engine fan on for. There truck seems to run at coolant temperatures similar to when I bought it pull is still higher. Oil was running about 240 and now around 230.

I was having overheating before but it could have been superficial feeling do to my previous experience being a company driver and having smaller radiators(I have no statistics or measurement)

I was told with a blown head or any of the such you will be stuck in boiling temperatures and your cooling system pressure will follow boost pressure.
replyreply
RE: Zero pressure cooling system
ITS CALLED AN OVERHAUL!.

You keep driving that thing with head gasket issues AND YOU WILL ETCH THE TOP OF THE BLOCK AND RUIN THE ENTIRE ENGINE!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
RE: Zero pressure cooling system
I figured that much but as far as driving it goes I don't have much of a choice. Haggai is supposed to call me back tomorrow to tell me when they can do a diagnostic and said they won't be able to overhaul till October.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.