n14 inj rocker arm moving to fast
09-08-2021, (Subject: n14 inj rocker arm moving to fast ) 
RE: n14 inj rocker arm moving to fast
(09-08-2021 )hct5 Wrote:  found #6 connecting rod bearing has spun and broken apart. i have not replaced a crank on a n14 before is it possible to do with the engine still in the truck or dose it need to be pulled ?

This is going to be a complete engine removal and tear down. The spun rod bearing isn't going to cause the injector rocker to cam over twice as fast as the others so a more in depth evaluation is going to be necessary. Are the intake and exhaust rockers also actuating twice as fast as well? If so, I've seen a cam that was broken towards the rear and would "catch" itself on the spinning cam and work in an abnormal fashion. With the #6 rod bearing spun, my guess is it starved the rear portion of the cam of oil and caused some issues up there.
replyreply
09-09-2021, (Subject: n14 inj rocker arm moving to fast ) 
RE: n14 inj rocker arm moving to fast
I guess it's possible to do it in frame but it would be a nightmare

Front cover has to come off, the front engine support bolts in front of it so you'd need to support the engine without it. Trans has to be pulled back to take out the clutch and flywheel. Then the rear cover

Sounds like there is more to your problem than swapping a crank will fix though. bwake is spot on. The whole thing needs to be gone through

Just drove the mechanical N14 I rebuilt back from the shop today. It's not a fun process to work on these old engines. Hit me up if you need anything, I bought a timing jig and the boring tool for oil pump bushings just for that engine
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.