Loss of boost
08-18-2016, (Subject: Loss of boost ) 
Loss of boost
2007 ISX when I accelerate turbo kicks out cooling fan kicks in , could it be turbo actuator controller ? It intermittent problem ! Thanks in advance for your comments !
replyreply
08-18-2016, (Subject: Loss of boost ) 
RE: Loss of boost
(08-18-2016 )Pr0fit Wrote:  2007 ISX when I accelerate turbo kicks out cooling fan kicks in , could it be turbo actuator controller ? It intermittent problem ! Thanks in advance for your comments !

If your fan is kicking on you should be throwing a fault code. The engine is protecting itself. Find out what code its throwing. If its intermittent I would say its a wiring problem....or a bad sensor. That is where I would start.
replyreply
08-19-2016, (Subject: Loss of boost ) 
(08-18-2016 )Pr0fit Wrote:  2007 ISX when I accelerate turbo kicks out cooling fan kicks in , could it be turbo actuator controller ? It intermittent problem ! Thanks in advance for your comments !

Come on buddy.
Non of us can even guess what's wrong with such little information.
Try with more detailed information please .
replyreply

I have heard of this before on CM870 trucks (EGR but no DPF). The symptom has no fault codes either...

I don't own one of those trucks, but I have had it described to me before by someone who had this happen to them ... Here is how I understood it ...

On some trucks with CM870 engines, BOTH the turbocharger Actuator (Air operated) AND the Engine fan are fed from the same air supply line ...

What is happening is that the air supply circuit that feeds the turbocharger and the engine fan is on the same tap from the supply. If the turbo actuator (air operated) develops a large leak, then it bleeds the air down from this line and the engine fan kicks on instead, because the air pressure in the line drops below 90 PSI. Also, on some trucks, there is a small in-line filter that feeds this circuit that can get clogged and cause the same effect. -- Either way, it is the fact that you are loosing air pressure in the circuit that causes it.

I have also heard stories of this happening where one air tank can cause it if it does not stay above 105 PSI like it should.

It could be anything that causes the circuit not to have enough air in it... Cracked line, Bad turbo actuator or controller, bad supply to the air tank that feeds it, leaky fitting, etc.etc.etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thanks that's what I was looking for bud some people just {**Content removed by protection bot**- arguing.}
replyreply
Has it been programmed?
replyreply
Gearhead I spoke to him on the phone and it was working good at the time being. So that knocks off any air leaks. However still maybe an issue with the air tank not building air or something. I told him I fill its more like something in wiring or a ecm glitch.
I also told him the first thing I would do is take some 1/4" line and tap into his supply going to the valve for the turbo and hook up a gauge to monitor air pressure which will rule out pressure issues.

I had a truck one time with a temp sensor knocking the turbo off and turning the fan on.
replyreply
On my truck, using jpro, says my a/c has high pressure and the fan may run at anytime. So I'm thinking my random momentary fan cycles are from that high pressure switch. I hit the brakes and it comes on for a second. I can't look at insite fast enough to see what is commanding it on. There are times I can be rolling at 65 mph and the fan will cycle on and back off in under a second. It tends to be annoying lol.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.