Oil leak
09-09-2021, (Subject: Oil leak ) 
RE: Oil leak
you need to see if the engine has excessive blo-by.

That turbo also looks like it has been significantly over-heated at one point or more.

---------

the pic shows the drain line for the turbo leaking. There should be no oil pressure there, as it is a large drain back into the crank case. - it points to a gasket failure at the drain line where it meets the turbo. This is typically caused by excessive engine blo-by.

How often are you changing the crank case filter?.. when was the last time you changed it?.. and does it have the maintenance free filter installed? .. or the over-priced paper-type that only lasts a couple months at a time?.

Also, excessive crank case poressures that your posts points to also will destroy the overhead cams in the top-end too, causing them to flake out, because it will starve them of oil. .. when is the last time someone pulled the valve cover off it and did an overhead valve adjustment.. and inspected the cams?

--------------

everything you point towards so far heavily suggests that this engine has suffered severe neglect of its proper maintenance ... or that it is well past its expected end of life. More info is needed.

What make/model truck and engine ./.. how many miles.. etc.etc.etc. and the things mentioned above... some history etc... and is it "deleted" or not "deleted" and all emissions systems are still functioning.. and when was the last time someone did an EGR tune-up and all the other required regular maintenance besides just changing the oil.. and how often is the oil changed?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tonysnf

Messages In This Thread
Oil leak - tonysnf - 09-09-2021,
RE: Oil leak - Rawze - 09-09-2021
RE: Oil leak - tonysnf - 09-09-2021,
RE: Oil leak - tonysnf - 09-09-2021,
RE: Oil leak - Rawze - 09-09-2021,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.