ISX15 CM2350 ECM Replacement Help
09-09-2021, (Subject: ISX15 CM2350 ECM Replacement Help ) 
ISX15 CM2350 ECM Replacement Help
Greetings, this is my first time on a forum actually asking a question so please bare with me, while I start to understand how to navigate and where to post.

I have a 2009 Peterbilt with an ISX15 that I recently had great success rebuilding inframe thanks to the videos posted by Rawze, Thank You!!!....it was my first!

My current issue is the ECM is bad, sometimes it starts sometimes it does not. A light tap on the ECM will make fuel lift pump come on and truck will start as well as if running the throttle pedal will work then not. Of course this is a de-mandated truck in which the de-mandate has been working outstanding for 3 years now.

How can I save the current ECM calibration and parameters and install them in the new ECM. Current electronic tool is Cummins Insite with a current subscription on a dell laptop.

Thank you in advance!
replyreply
RE: ISX15 CM2350 ECM Replacement Help
You can pull the current program out but not with Insite. You will need a copy of C@lt3rm. Lots floating around on the internet.

Just make sure the ECM is powered up and able to communicate with the engine off key on. I saved mine that way.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ray417
Get calterm, copy file out of ecm and send it to Rawze so he can take a look at it. You don't want to tear up all your new parts. Your demandate could be the reason you had to inframe it.

When you buy the new ECM from the dealer have them bench flash it right there before you leave with it. This way if it's bad (it's not uncommon for them to be bad right out of the box) they'll know right away and you won't be stuck with a $2K paper weight because as we all know " there's NO returns on electrical parts.
Also you'll have the correct program for your truck and all the switches working so you don't have to fight that.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , ray417
(09-09-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  When you buy the new ECM from the dealer have them bench flash it right there before you leave with it. This way if it's bad (it's not uncommon for them to be bad right out of the box) they'll know right away and you won't be stuck with a $2K paper weight because as we all know " there's NO returns on electrical parts.
Also you'll have the correct program for your truck and all the switches working so you don't have to fight that.

Like mentioned above... TAKE THE OLD ONE TO AN OEM STEALERS$IT for the certified for that TRUCK make/model... not to a cummins shop ... and have them bench flash the new one and restore your old settings into it while they are at it.. You don't want to buy a blank ECM and take the chance it is bad out of the box... That few hundred bucks extra that you spend to have it pre-flashed is cheap insurance against these kinds of problems.

This will also ensure you have the latest software for the truck and engine. this is very important too.

If the truck needs the programming adjusted for a de-mandate, then that is a very simple matter to overcome around here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: ray417
09-10-2021, (Subject: ISX15 CM2350 ECM Replacement Help ) 
I have a couple used one's laying around
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.