Harmonic Balancer or Damper...
04-06-2016, (Subject: Harmonic Balancer or Damper... ) 
RE: Harmonic Balancer or Damper...
Holy Smokes BATMAN! I know when I replaced mine at 700,000 it made a world of difference in the motor in regards to smoothing it out and keeping the belts on the pulleys. But that? How many miles on the truck?
replyreply
Truck has 1.1 million, probably orignal based on the looks of it needless to say it's getting towed back to shop by the company I lease to. I was actually surprised it wasn't throwing belts too.
replyreply
(04-06-2016 )marek4792 Wrote:  Truck has 1.1 million, probably orignal based on the looks of it needless to say it's getting towed back to shop by the company I lease to. I was actually surprised it wasn't throwing belts too.

I hope the internals are all good on your motor... That looked nasty.
replyreply
I hope so too once I realized what had happened I kept the motor off until it comes to getting it on the hook
replyreply
Might want to drop the pan and inspect the bearings... And crank. But, that crank is pretty tough, finger's crossed!
replyreply
It didn't even feel unusual besides the noise it would occasionally make. But I will take your word and get the bottom end looked at.
replyreply
(04-06-2016 )marek4792 Wrote:  It didn't even feel unusual besides the noise it would occasionally make. But I will take your word and get the bottom end looked at.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I sure would want to see under there. Let us know what you find. Hopefully all is well in there. Finger's crossed for you man, these trucks are a real nerve racker. Popping baby aspirin here...
replyreply
(04-06-2016 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 )marek4792 Wrote:  It didn't even feel unusual besides the noise it would occasionally make. But I will take your word and get the bottom end looked at.

I'm no rocket scientist, but I sure would want to see under there. Let us know what you find. Hopefully all is well in there. Finger's crossed for you man, these trucks are a real nerve racker. Popping baby aspirin here...

Wow! Good luck man! These things are nerve rackers! Does the baby aspirin help? Lol
replyreply
I certainly hope it will
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.