2350 running to hot
08-20-2021, (Subject: 2350 running to hot ) 
RE: 2350 running to hot
(08-15-2021 )Mudflap77 Wrote:  My 2350 heats up pretty quick on any kind of pull, either getting up to speed or pulling a hill. The fan has no trouble keeping it cool and it's not over heating. But the temp climbs to 210 pretty quick the fan pulls it down to 200 shuts off and climbs right back up to 210 again in no time. Oil temp will get up to 235 if pulling up a longer grade. I've been blaming it on the hot weather. Is it common for a ISX operating temperature to climb quickly?
Isx 485 in a 579 Pete not modified about 720 000mi, I've put about 65 000mi on it. I realize the modern engines put a lot more demand on cooling system just seem like it might be abnormal.

My (2013 Cm2350) in my 2014 Prostar does that same thing while it’s very hot and it in a active regeneration. I will reset the trip and watch the Fuel mileage if it’s in a regeneration it will drop to 4s or 5s on the highway but I don’t know if there’s another explanation. Yesterday I drove 8 hours and my last leg a 2 hour deadhead home my truck decided to regen as I pulled in my parking spot so I had to sit in front of the house for 50 min or so waiting for it to cool down before shutting it off.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mudflap77
09-12-2021, (Subject: 2350 running to hot ) 
RE: 2350 running to hot
(08-20-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  My (2013 Cm2350) in my 2014 Prostar does that same thing while it’s very hot and it in a active regeneration. I will reset the trip and watch the Fuel mileage if it’s in a regeneration it will drop to 4s or 5s on the highway but I don’t know if there’s another explanation. Yesterday I drove 8 hours and my last leg a 2 hour deadhead home my truck decided to regen as I pulled in my parking spot so I had to sit in front of the house for 50 min or so waiting for it to cool down before shutting it off.

Thanks for the response.. Yeah I know when mine is regening.. I have a fuel mileage gauge and when it is regening the needle will not get out of the negative side even going downhill.
I have changed all the emission related sensors on the engine now. I have only bobtailed with it since changing the final 2, seems to be running better will have to see if it makes any difference pulling a load on some hills.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.