Transmission leak
09-20-2021, (Subject: Transmission leak ) 
RE: Transmission leak
A pic I took this morning from the bottom of the truck.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
09-20-2021, (Subject: Transmission leak ) 
A pic I got this morning from the bottom of the truck.
replyreply
09-21-2021, (Subject: Transmission leak ) 
Ok, that picture DOES show that it's the flywheel housing gasket running down the drivers side engine across the bottom of the fly wheel housing to the passenger side and being sprayed back on to the air tanks. Being there was a puddle of oil on top of the flywheel housing in 1 of your pictures.

This is still just my limited view opinion on what's happening. You need to clean the oil off and see exactly what's leaking. Some or most could simply be the oil pan gasket leaking in the rear. We cannot tell for certain from pics posted online. Clean everything off really well and run it to see were its all coming from. But start to prepare yourself mentally and financially for it to be the fly wheel housing gasket. It's a very labor intensive job and while you have everything apart to do it you should definitely replace rear engine mount bushings, new clutch, clutch forks, transmission input shaft, clutch brake, resurface the flywheel, new pilot bearing. Also while all this stuff is out of the way you may also want to replace any hard to reach items. Like the brake tredle valve, any worn or old hoses and air lines, any other valves that are impossible to reach with evinstalled. Replace any exhaust components that are hard to reach and may be seriously rusted.

I just did the with my truck and it turned in to a 2 week and $12k excursion. But I had other difficulties and also replaced the transmission and the flywheel housing ($6500 of that $12k price) but this was also the price of me doing every single thing myself so there is no labor cost in that amount. And labor is the majority of what this job is.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SquareOne , Pd6cas2

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.