Transmission leak
09-19-2021, (Subject: Transmission leak ) 
Transmission leak
I have a leak on the transmission where the driveshaft hooks up to it.What is the name of the seal so that I can purchase a new one? Also is it hard to replace.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Transmission leak
Here’s another pic.

replyreply
Was the tranny oil really low?

Rear seal in the tranny may be seeping a little bit .. but ... It looks more to me like of that mess is from a fuel line or some other leak. .. otherwise, why would everything be soaked so far forward of the rear main seal of the tranny?

(just some guesses)...
Looks more like maybe a fuel line leaking above the tranny where it goes over the top of the tranny ... or more-so, the back of the engine where the flywheel housing gasket meets the back of the engine block... or perhaps some other thing ... a whole lot more than simply a leaking rear main tranny seal.

Just a thought.... hard to tell in the photo.

==========

( I am also purposefully trying to ignore the fact that the black air-line down the right side in the photo is missing an Adel Clamp and appears to be improperly secured too) ... lol .. It kinda jumps out at me.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(09-19-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Was the tranny oil really low?

Rear seal in the tranny may be seeping a little bit .. but ... It looks more to me like of that mess is from a fuel line or some other leak. .. otherwise, why would everything be soaked so far forward of the rear main seal of the tranny?

(just some guesses)...
Looks more like maybe a fuel line leaking above the tranny where it goes over the top of the tranny ... or more-so, the back of the engine where the flywheel housing gasket meets the back of the engine block... or perhaps some other thing ... a whole lot more than simply a leaking rear main tranny seal.

==========

( I am also purposefully trying to ignore the fact that the black air-line down the right side in the photo is missing an Adel Clamp and appears to be improperly secured too) ... lol .. It kinda jumps out at me.

I haven’t checked the oil level yet.Everything was hot when I took the pic.I did see a lit bit of a leak when I got to Oregon from San Antonio but I had found it when I found a few other leaks like the one in the motor that I posted a couple of days ago along with a power steering hose that was leaking and I did replace on the spot and also a hub gasket leak.It’s kind of disappointing because I didn’t have any leaks before this trip and now I get all this stuff to figure out at once.Oh and the exhaust clamp behind the turbo came loose as well lol.
replyreply
(09-19-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  Was the tranny oil really low?

(just some guesses)...

==========

Was just thinking about the part where you mentioned the flywheel housing and went on Quickserve to look at the engine diagram and I do believe that’s where the leak is.Is that hard to fix?

replyreply
Here’s another angle.

replyreply
Here’s a link to a video of the back of the engine https://imgur.com/a/NI79r4c
replyreply
(09-19-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  ...
Was just thinking about the part where you mentioned the flywheel housing and went on Quickserve to look at the engine diagram and I do believe that’s where the leak is.Is that hard to fix?

to replace the flywheel housing gasket .. the tranny has to come out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
I don't believe that whatever leaked all over your air tanks is from the flywheel housing gasket. There isn't enough oil on the passenger side to make that kind if mess. It looks like something is leaking straight down on the air tank. Maybe a coolant line or heater hose?? Maybe a fuel cross over line??

Rawze that black line doesn't get clamped. He either has a 13 or 18 speed transmission. It runs right in to a selector valve right next to the output shaft on the trans. Its fairly stiff and that's the way they come brand new. My original trans and the reman I just put in are this way.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.