CM870
09-20-2021, (Subject: CM870 ) 
CM870
Hi,

I have a fuel issue with my truck and was looking for some help. Its a 2006 Kenworth T800 with demandated ISX. It was running fine, and then all of a sudden it stalled on the road. It would restart, run for about 5-10 seconds and then stall again. I plugged in Insite, had code for low fuel pressure. I started inspecting the fuel lines, and they were in poor shape, so i stripped them all off, and installed new right from the tank to the motor. i had found a crack in the return line, so i assumed that would be the problem. after installing the hoses, when i turn on the key, the electric pump runs, it primed up and the truck started, but it still does the same thing. Runs for 5-10 seconds and then stalls. Is the a pressure regulator valve somewhere, or any thing else i need to check?

thanks
replyreply
RE: CM870
Fuel pump could be getting tired? Sounds like when you key it on the lift pump gives it enough fuel to run for moment.
replyreply
RE: CM870
shaft snapped in the gear pump?... that is a common symptom.

can also be a bad ecm. During the first 2 minutes after key-on and the elec. fuel pump is running ... Smack the top of the ecm (almost hard enough to dent the thing) and see if the electric fuel pump cuts in and out.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.