Are Baldwin filters still having issues?
09-23-2021, (Subject: Are Baldwin filters still having issues? ) 
Are Baldwin filters still having issues?
Wondering if the Baldwin filters are still having issues are have they been fixed? It’s hard to find a distributor of Fleetguard/Donaldson around me.
replyreply
RE: Are Baldwin filters still having issues?
I buy my Fleetguard filters on fleabay. There are plenty of wholesale vendors selling on there at local chain prices and it gets delivered to your door.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(09-23-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I buy my Fleetguard filters on fleabay. There are plenty of wholesale vendors selling on there at local chain prices and it gets delivered to your door.

IMO With all the knockoffs you are risking it buying them off of EBay and that just got me thinking about Baldwin counterfeit’s.I used to use Baldwin’s on my Duramax years ago and remember that there was issues with them being counterfeited and this used to be on the Baldwin website https://vicfiltration.co.za/wp-content/u...cation.pdf

So know I’m wondering if the Baldwins with the gasket issues were counterfeit.
replyreply
(09-23-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Wondering if the Baldwin filters are still having issues are have they been fixed? It’s hard to find a distributor of Fleetguard/Donaldson around me.

ANY brand/style oil filter that simply has an 0-ring in it is subject to cause total engine failure. Fleetguard changed their design a long time ago to have flappers and a rubber seal to prevent just this problem.

If you not sure ... simply take a pic of the filter in the area that it screws on and post it here.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1 , Toolguy
Partandfilters.com for me. Usually pretty quick shipping. Finditparts is another with good prices.
replyreply
I also buy my filters from partandfilters.com. They are definitely genuine!

Also look at who you are buying from. Just because you got the steal of a deal to wheel away with from a seller with a 2 score feedback rating on eBay does not mean they are legit. That shi#t happens ALL the time with sellers on there.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
09-24-2021, (Subject: Are Baldwin filters still having issues? ) 
I personally favor OEM filters
Fleetguard for my red engine
wifes car goes to ford steelershits for service
replyreply
09-24-2021, (Subject: Are Baldwin filters still having issues? ) 
(09-23-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I buy my Fleetguard filters on fleabay. There are plenty of wholesale vendors selling on there at local chain prices and it gets delivered to your door.

IMO With all the knockoffs you are risking it buying them off of EBay and that just got me thinking about Baldwin counterfeit’s.I used to use Baldwin’s on my Duramax years ago and remember that their was issues with them being counterfeited and this used to be on the Baldwin website https://vicfiltration.co.za/wp-content/u...cation.pdf

So know I’m wondering if the Baldwins with the gasket issues were counterfeit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.