X15 connecting rods replacement?
10-02-2023, (Subject: X15 connecting rods replacement? ) 
X15 connecting rods replacement?
How do you determine when rods should be replaced? Currently inframing an X15 with 530k miles , should they be replaced or only rebushed?
replyreply
RE: X15 connecting rods replacement?
I always have the machine shop check them for bend, twist and cracks.
replyreply
Always plan an engine rebuild with a million miles as the goal ...

Think of it this way .. There is no way that you will get 1.5 million on a set of original rod bushings.

The rods yes, if they are not bent or damaged, cracked, etc., but not the bushings.

So with 500k on them already, then at a bare minimum, they need new brass wrist pin bushings, or they will send a piston thru the block before it gets another million on the odo.

all the rest of this stuffs needs to be done as well....
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid70606
and...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid48553

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 2dlb
10-11-2023, (Subject: X15 connecting rods replacement? ) 
Injectors 5 and 6, curious what caused 6 to be darker colored, currently in framing due to head gasket failure at #1. X15 530k miles

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
10-11-2023, (Subject: X15 connecting rods replacement? ) 
That injector ran hotter than the rest, most likely for the same reasons that its being inframed in half the expected time it is supposed to be.

= Big power + low rpm, high torque abuse from bad driving habits, ... and/or bad delete programming... Take your pick of such ...

An abuse of the engine that defeated its expected longevity, in one way or the other.

====================
Lets put it this way ...
Do you think that if I owned it, that it would have only lasted 530k miles before a liner danced in the block like that?.

I Don't know about anyone else, but I actually want to make a long term profit off of my equipment,.. and not drop $25,000+ into it 2x more often than it should be... I don't care how much slower it has to go up the hills!. hence, the first da$mn thing that I would have done after purchase would have been to RE-GEAR THE REAR ENDS CORRECTLY vs. the freight/weights I was hauling .. AND TURNED THE DAMN TORQUE DOWN TO ABOUT 1760 OR SO MAX!. And any PTO operations would have been re-geared so that the engine ran 1500-1600RPM to operate that too!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98
10-13-2023, (Subject: X15 connecting rods replacement? ) 
I think it’s very common on 2350’s and 2450’s to burn the 5th and 6th injector since they removed the 7th injector the 871’s and 2250’s had.. right?

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.