Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
09-30-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
(09-30-2021 )FnG92 Wrote:  I have gone to the dealership and got a part number 4359489pxcum description: R8E that's $3915.57 and a part number 4307482rxcum description: 29E for 651.54 I am taking what you have said seriously. I value this forum and I don't want to come across that I'm disregarding what you're saying. You firmly believe that this motor will blow up. I have money set aside for that and cost of not operating for a month when it does. I ask people that know more than me so I can make my best decision. You stand with doing the pump even if it will explode in 100k so that I can hope to get 100k out of it.

It does not cost $3,900+ to replace the guts of the fuel pump.. most guys on here do it for about $800 or so. Only the tappets, rollers, and plungers need replacing if the pump is in good shape.

You need to do some more homework there.

ALSO .... YOU ARE NOT UNDERSTANDING WHAT HAPPENS WHEN A FUEL PUMP FAILS!!!.... NOTHING CAN BE SAVED.. NOTHING IN THAT ENGINE .. IT WILL BECOME A CORRAL REEF OR A BOAT ANCHOR!... .. Sometimes if you catch a fuel pump failure in a day or so from when it starts to fail (it has no warning whatsoever most of the time).. then maybe you can sometimes save the engine ... just maybe, with a whole lot of work and engine flushing and replacing a lot of stuffs ... but if it fails like most of them do, and all the warning that you get is a Check engine light coming on in a hard pull then go out again .. and after about 4 or 5 days of driving the truck like that .. NOTHING WHATSOEVER in that engine will be salvageable.. NOTHING!.. not the crank, not the cams.. not the gear train.. NOTHING Not even the turbo is going to live ... .. NO IN-FRAME IS GOING TO FIX IT!.. you will need a long block at the cost of $40,000 dollars. -- YOU CANNOT WAIT TILL THE PUMP FAILS TO IN-FRAME IT BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NOTHING TO IN-FRAME!

I will put this another way...

When the fuel pump fails ... and the average person keeps driving it because the only thing happening while tis destroying the engine is a bit of occasional powerloss when you get on it hard.. maybe a CEL light comes and goes (the infamous 559 low fuel pressure error code that comes and goes like a ghost) ... and it keeps running like its fine ... after a few days, it destroys the entire guts of the engine .. everything!. It cannot be saved. It cannot be inframed.. there will be nothing in it that has oil flowing across it that will not be destroyed. Everything from all the gears in the gear train, the bearing, the cran, the cams, the rockers, the rocker shafts, the oil pump, the fuel system, all the injectors, ... everything literally gets destrouyed .. and then the engine locks up without any warning if you keep driving ti .. and its done. - Its a paperweight.. all because some moron did not want to spend the $800 bucks or so to do the proper thing to prevent it when it was due. This is the result and we see it around here about 20+ times a year.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...9#pid15389

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you, I'm going to have to figure it out. I'm not sure where I need to start but I still know that I'm planning on doing the pump. I'm going to try and find guidance, if you can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I'll start with videos on how to do it and then I need to figure out where to get one. The dealership was not helpful the first time and told me there were two parts.
replyreply
(09-30-2021 )FnG92 Wrote:  Thank you, I'm going to have to figure it out. I'm not sure where I need to start but I still know that I'm planning on doing the pump. I'm going to try and find guidance, if you can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I'll start with videos on how to do it and then I need to figure out where to get one. The dealership was not helpful the first time and told me there were two parts.

You will not need the whole pump. you only need the tappets, plungers, and rollers.. and the head gasket. It can be done while its still on the truck.

Maybe a couple of the other guys on here who have done it can chime in and add to the conversations.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Would you recommend cam alignment? I'm trying to learn. My mechanical background has been pulling transmissions on cars to be rebuilt and then installing the rebuilts. I have some tools I can use but I'm sure I'll need a couple more to do this work. I have every intention of working on my truck because I can't afford not to.
I have failed myself when I was at the dealership, I know now, what I need to ask for. Not the whole damn pump. Thank you
replyreply
depending on what auto you have, eaton "ultra shift" has a few parameters you might can adjust it to be better for your needs.
The 12speed is much better and alot more durable tho
replyreply
(09-30-2021 )FnG92 Wrote:  Thank you, I'm going to have to figure it out. I'm not sure where I need to start but I still know that I'm planning on doing the pump. I'm going to try and find guidance, if you can steer me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. I'll start with videos on how to do it and then I need to figure out where to get one. The dealership was not helpful the first time and told me there were two parts.

This will give you an idea on what you need to do with the fuel pump. This video was posted from a member on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0b_0_CCDiM&t=51s

Start with posting pics on here.. We can guide you through what you will need to do as you go through it and if any Q's arise. We are here to help you so keep asking questions and start doing the stuff we say to do.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
That truck has to many hrs & over priced imo for a 2015. I get it , it's a KW . Im sure if u take your time you can find something more reasonably priced and less of a risk. I purchased my truck when this covid bs started for 30k. Its a 2015 Prostar CM2350 with 463k hrs are unknown because it was rebuilt at 380 k. Its at 560k currently.
replyreply
I've looked for cheaper trucks. If you have been seeing cheaper trucks where are you finding them?
replyreply
I like that video I found that online too..
Rwaze told me the parts I need and not the whole pump so I have a better understanding of what I'm looking for. I originally asked about the whole pump assembly like a ignorant fool, so I got the fools price. I know better so I can do better. Thank you guys. Trucks are stupid expensive right now. I think it's due to the chip shortage. Please educate where you can. I'm doing my best that I can.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.