Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
10-03-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
RE: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours
https://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=1913&page=2
Look at post #17
dhirocz:
(10-10-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  I don't even let them offer it to me at the speedco. Always walking up with their Lucas shirts and ballcaps...I tell them 'rotella oil change, fuel filters, no snake oil'

What they don't like is when I tell them to put the last bit of oil in my empty oil jug because I'm putting in my oil additive. They look at me like they don't understand though I told them I'm putting in my own additive. I told them I'm paying for a full crankcase of oil...and I expect if if it's in my oil pan or not. That's slows down your average oil tech for a couple minutes.
replyreply
10-03-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
Thanks, I see it now.
replyreply
10-05-2021, (Subject: Buying 2015 isx 2350 234k miles high hours ) 
Bought the rollers, tappets, and plungers from cummins today for the 2350. Is it bad if I have a mechanic do the rebuild on the fuel pump? I'm a little intimidated by the thought of messing something up that could destroy the motor. I need to figure out what sensors rawze recommends changing on the def system. My bmk50 is scheduled to arrive on the 6th. Just wanted to say thanks again guys. I saw people saying good things about "running rough" and his tunes/checking in. What state is he in and I've seen people talk about remote tune?
replyreply
Who says he's in a state? Could be a whole other country. That's the beauty of remote tuning. He can help you in whatever legal place your equipment happens to be in.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(10-05-2021 )FnG92 Wrote:  Bought the rollers, tappets, and plungers from cummins today for the 2350. Is it bad if I have a mechanic do the rebuild on the fuel pump? I'm a little intimidated by the thought of messing something up that could destroy the motor. I need to figure out what sensors rawze recommends changing on the def system. My bmk50 is scheduled to arrive on the 6th. Just wanted to say thanks again guys. I saw people saying good things about "running rough" and his tunes/checking in. What state is he in and I've seen people talk about remote tune?

He is one of the only people left that I will approve the programming for. I review custom programming for people on here for free, and almost every program that i review that someone has edited or made is beyond horrible and very harmful to the engine. Such is the plague that our trucking industry has gotten itself caught up into. here is a running list of bad delete and custom programming that we keep around here...
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid13255

I will not allow, nor allow to be promoted, ANYONE who is not up to par in what they do for others. Social medai is full of that kinda of half-baked bulls#it people, advertisements, and garbage "Testimonials" ... this place is not. I will not allow it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(10-05-2021 )FnG92 Wrote:  Bought the rollers, tappets, and plungers from cummins today for the 2350. Is it bad if I have a mechanic do the rebuild on the fuel pump? I'm a little intimidated by the thought of messing something up that could destroy the motor.

It's not hard at all. Just clean everything surrounding it and above it really good before you take the head off so you don't knock dirt and grit down into it.

If you don’t already have a quickserve account you need to open one. It's free and will give you all the information you need to do this correctly including torque specs.

PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THE PROPER WAY TO BLEED PRESSURE FROM THE RAIL!!! THIS IS DANGEROUS STUFF THAT CAN HURT YOU SEVERELY!!! sounds scary I know but just read through the procedure you'll see it's not bad.

Take your time and you won't have any problems. Here's a couple videos that will help as well.

https://youtu.be/wKLV4gAUl6o

https://youtu.be/-Gu5Eyx2SWw

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete
After going through the link rawze posted, I'm not sure I want anyone touching the brain on the most expensive part of a truck. I don't know enough to trust anyone. It would be sweet to get better mpg but the risks involved are not worth it unless I have some way to actually verify I'm not blowing up the engine!
replyreply
(10-05-2021 )FnG92 Wrote:  After going through the link rawze posted, I'm not sure I want anyone touching the brain on the most expensive part of a truck. I don't know enough to trust anyone. It would be sweet to get better mpg but the risks involved are not worth it unless I have some way to actually verify I'm not blowing up the engine!

that is a smart choice... more then 95% of all programming that i review yearly is significantly harmful to the engine. Most these clown have no idea what they are doing past getting the CEL light to go away after unplugging the emissions systems.. and this always leads to severely shortened engine life / premature engine failures.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I want the whole system in place. What if the only viable place for me to get loads to and from is CA? I live in Phoenix. What I want is any advantage I can safely get in mpg with a tune while staying compliant with emissions. Is that a thing? Cutting out a system is not an option as far as I'm concerned. I have no expectations but a nudge in the right direction is what I'm looking for.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.