Cops with "idle" time
08-19-2016, (Subject: Cops with "idle" time ) 
Cops with "idle" time
Be advised that if you are delivering in Cranbury NJ, there is a local cop in an unmarked car targeting trucks that are idling handing out $2700 tickets,
not us but from a first hand witness today.
Every state has different laws just to add to the confusion. IF you have a "certified clean idle" truck, you can idle in NJ, legally if you are in the bunk.
http://www.stopthesoot.org/sts-faq.htm

Not that I recommend idling unless you are independently wealthy and making more than you can spend!
http://cdllife.com/2014/top-trucking-new...aws-state/

The gray area we have to contend with is leaving the dog in the truck for any length of time and not being subject to animal cruelty charges.
I've been mugged once by a local for leaving the dog in the car in front of a relatives house in 40 degree weather for an hour. $133, thanks to a "good neighbour".

The next phase is mandatory "retrofit", good luck with that!
My retirement count down clock is under two years. I don't know how much more of this stupidity I can take.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
08-19-2016, (Subject: Cops with "idle" time ) 
RE: Cops with "idle" time
Interesting. What gets me is 8 out of 10 driving school grads dont get past their first year of trucking before they quit. The government, trucking companies, and shippers/receivers keep treating us like dogs (actually worse) they will have to come up with some sort of program that allows for self driving trucks.
replyreply
08-20-2016, (Subject: Cops with "idle" time ) 
Is that a typo, or is $2700.00 correct?
If so, I will never go back to NJ.

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
NEW JERSEY Statewide

Time limit • 3 minutes • 15 minutes if stopped for more than 3 hours and less than 25 degrees

Fines • $100 for first offense • $200 for second offense • $500 for third offense • $1,500 for subsequent offenses Penalties for commercial vehicle and property owner • $250 for first offense • $500 for second offense • $1000 for subsequent offenses

Exemptions
• Traffic conditions • Mechanical operations • Waiting or being inspected • Performing emergency services • Being repaired or serviced • Use of a sleeper-berth in non-residential areas before April 30, 2010 • Auxiliary power unit/generator set, bunk heaters etc.
replyreply
I couldn't find a local ordinance for Cranbury Township, NJ,
But I did find this site that lists all the State, County, and City Laws regarding Idling Restrictions and Penalties, across the country.
Dated: 2006

[url=http://https://nepis.epa.gov/Exe/ZyNET.exe/P1002J83.txt?ZyActionD=ZyDocument&Client=EPA&Index=2006%20Thru%202010&Docs=&Query=&Time=&EndTime=&SearchMethod=1&TocRestrict=n&Toc=&TocEntry=&QField=&QFieldYear=&QFieldMonth=&QFieldDay=&UseQField=&IntQFieldOp=0&ExtQFieldOp=0&XmlQuery=&File=D%3A%5CZYFILES%5CINDEX%20DATA%5C06THRU10%5CTXT%5C00000005%5CP1002J83.txt&User=ANONYMOUS&Password=anonymous&SortMethod=h%7C-&MaximumDocuments=1&FuzzyDegree=0&ImageQuality=r105g16/r105g16/x150y150g16/i600&Display=hpfr&DefSeekPage=x&SearchBack=ZyActionL&Back=ZyActionS&BackDesc=Results%20page&MaximumPages=1&ZyEntry=66][/url]
replyreply
(08-20-2016 )Hammerhead Wrote:  Is that a typo, or is $2700.00 correct?
If so, I will never go back to NJ.

No that is not a typo. He also issued a ticket to the company that allowed the truck to idle on their property.

replyreply
(08-20-2016 )Runt Wrote:  NEW JERSEY Statewide

Time limit • 3 minutes • 15 minutes if stopped for more than 3 hours and less than 25 degrees

Fines • $100 for first offense • $200 for second offense • $500 for third offense • $1,500 for subsequent offenses Penalties for commercial vehicle and property owner • $250 for first offense • $500 for second offense • $1000 for subsequent offenses

Exemptions
• Traffic conditions • Mechanical operations • Waiting or being inspected • Performing emergency services • Being repaired or serviced • Use of a sleeper-berth in non-residential areas before April 30, 2010 • Auxiliary power unit/generator set, bunk heaters etc.

Not the first time a local was over zealous. I've had them ask for my log book and try to figure out the recap and inspect the truck. While they do have the authority to issue a ticket for lights and safety issues, they don't have any authority to right tickets for FMCSR unless DOT certified like most county or state police.

The problem comes with fighting the summons, it's easy enough for them to write and this guys got it in for idling trucks, right or wrong.

replyreply
They need to be more concerned with their drug and criminal problems in places like Camden... What a stab

Especially considering this too; proper shut down times of a class 8 diesel is about 5 to 15 minutes
replyreply
It is nicknamed "New Jerky" for a reason.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.