isx15 bubbles
10-05-2021, (Subject: isx15 bubbles ) 
isx15 bubbles
i have a 2008 isx15 that has been deleted for approx. 5 years now with no issues up until now.
the truck does not over heat but blows coolant out of the degas bottles, i assumed i had a head gasket issue, so i proceeded to do a combustion leak check. the fluid did not change color but when i snap the throttle i have bubbles on decel only not on accel.

*truck still has factory turbo
*egr is blocked off
*cap is new

i tried to attach a video for a visual
any input or idea would be great. i still believe i have a head gasket problem but what to rule out other options before i pull it apart

thanks in advance
replyreply
RE: isx15 bubbles
You have a sunk liner plain and simple. Those combustion gas tests aren't always reliable. Put a Pressure gauge on the radiator and take it for a drive.

Who did the demandate?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-05-2021 )Justinmakuch Wrote:  i have a 2008 isx15 that has been deleted for approx. 5 years now with no issues up until now.
the truck does not over heat but blows coolant out of the degas bottles, i assumed i had a head gasket issue, so i proceeded to do a combustion leak check. the fluid did not change color but when i snap the throttle i have bubbles on decel only not on accel.

*truck still has factory turbo
*egr is blocked off
*cap is new

i tried to attach a video for a visual
any input or idea would be great. i still believe i have a head gasket problem but what to rule out other options before i pull it apart

thanks in advance

YOU DO NOT PULL THE HEAD OFF OF IT TO FIND THE PROBLEM!!.. THIS IS INCORRECT!!! .. And if you took it to a mechanic that would do this.. then ... RUN LIKE HELL AWAY!.

The proper Next step is to remove the oil and drop the oil pan. let the engine sit over night with 20 psi pressure on the coolant system. The next day, look for coolant seeping out of the bottom of a cylinder or liner or listening for gurgling sounds while someone is turning engine by hand slowly. Find out what cylinder it is and where the leak is. Sometimes they are hard to spot. here is one example...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...6#pid25356

Also, just because it ran for a few years after the delete.. DOES NOT MEAN AT ALL THAT THE PROGRAMMING IS ANY GOOD OR DID NOT DIRECTLY CAUSE YOUR PROBLEM WITH THE SUNK LINER... MOST DELETE PROGRAMS WILL TAKE A FEW YEARS TO CAUSE ENGINE DAMAGE UNLESS THEY ARE REALLY REALLY BAD!.

-- YOU NEED TO HAVE THE ECM PROGRAMMING REVIEWED WHILE YOUR AT IT TO ENSURE IT WAS NOT A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR OF THE ENGINE FAILURE!

Pull a copy of the program out of the ecm and e-mail it to me for a review. That is your next move along with pulling the pan and finding where the sunk liner is.

How many miles on the truck, with type of truck, engine, how many HP , some more history, etc.etc.etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
my guess is some guy out the back of van i don't have a clue who did the de mandate was done a long time ago before we purchased the truck
replyreply
This video explains why that delete caused your current engine problems

https://youtu.be/sQESWU3_wAI

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.