Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red
10-08-2021, (Subject: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red ) 
Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red
I found that Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red is an exact match for my ISX15 if it’s not exactly a match I sure can’t tell. You can find it at Lowe’s, or Paint stores and Craft store if there’s anyone like me who had a tough time finding a match

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Redland1 , Rawze , amermextrucker
10-08-2021, (Subject: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red ) 
RE: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red
tractor also supply has a red paint that takes a long time to dry ... but it is tough as nails. I think that is what Mr. hags shop uses.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: t700
10-09-2021, (Subject: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red ) 
(10-08-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  tractor also supply has a red paint that takes a long time to dry ... but it is tough as nails. I think that is what Mr. hags shop uses.

Okay thank you I’ll check it out, I’m not sure if this paint is good for heat but it’s done well so far, I’m trying to get prepared for the winter so this is my last month to get stuff done until I get a garage but anyways hope things are well down there and God bless!
replyreply
10-10-2021, (Subject: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red ) 
Ive been using Rust Oleum red caliper paint, its heat resistant up to 900 f well thats what the can says at least. Its held up ok so far.
replyreply
10-11-2021, (Subject: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red ) 
How is that rust oleum holding up? A lot of those high temp paints have a bake in process. If you skip it, it will either fade and flake rapidly (too hot to fast) or wash off easily (never properly heated)
But that's just my experience with high temp paints
replyreply
(10-11-2021 )Chamberpains Wrote:  How is that rust oleum holding up? A lot of those high temp paints have a bake in process. If you skip it, it will either fade and flake rapidly (too hot to fast) or wash off easily (never properly heated)
But that's just my experience with high temp paints

every time I have used that crap-o-lium stuffs ... about 3 years later, it is always flaking off. Even when it has a decent prep.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I always use Vansickle brand equipment enamel from the local farm and ranch store. Masey Ferguson red is a dead ringer for 2011 cummins red, and the equipment enamel is tough as nails.

Anything is better then giving cummins $12 a can or more for their paint!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
10-12-2021, (Subject: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red ) 
Most rattle can paint is cheap enamel. You have to media blast and use epoxy primer and Urethane paint on anything you want to actually last. Especially if you live in the rust belt. The southern state guys can get away with subpar paint because they don't live in the Salt, and there is a difference between driving through it and living in it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
10-12-2021, (Subject: Engine paint, Krylon Colormaxx: Gloss Banner Red ) 
Well I’m actually thankful for the tips from you guys I live in the rusty northeast and I’m always sanding priming and painting my truck and trailer. Until recently I left the engine alone but as I do more work I screw up more paint and it’s making it tough to spot leaks and causing more rust my metal base coolant lines are in terrible shape I can’t even find the replacements for some lines I’ve used regular copper pipe and made stuff work but I’m learning keeping it painted and cleaned under the hood is very beneficial
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.