How do I get this connection to work? Picture
08-19-2016, (Subject: How do I get this connection to work? Picture ) 
How do I get this connection to work? Picture
I was using the usb side and it doesnt work anymore.. Its broke. I want to use this side but I cant get it to work. Any ideas?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201608/post_1845_1471660711_dda2a6c04c36f278e23d05c798822b48.jpg
replyreply
08-20-2016, (Subject: How do I get this connection to work? Picture ) 
RE: How do I get this connection to work? Picture
That is a serial port connection,9 pins? Mine is usb only. They have a slow data transfer rate and most newer laptops have phased them out.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Find your local chinaman shop and get them to fix the usb for a few bucks. in my city they do cell phone repair but can darn near do all electronics.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
I used to use the Inline with Serial connections. it works, but is VERY VERY slow. Big risk in time-outs too, and not worth bricking someone's ECM.

====
It requires a USB to SERIAL adapter for most newer laptops -... or Wait!--- You said the USB is not working , Is it on the Laptop? or the Adapter USB?

If it is the Adapter USB,.. get another one -- It likely will have other failures to follow, and if it is on the Laptop,... well,.. you need USB either way!.

======

To make the Serial work on the Inline, You need a USB-to-SERIAL adapter, drivers for the adapter, and you need to re-assign all your engine software to use the COM port that you have assigned to the Serial adapter. You also need to set the serial adapter to com port 2 usually to prevent interference with other internal devices, such as your touchpad. Most touchpads are still PS2 driven, and usually take the the same IRQ as the old com 1 port did back in the day.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-20-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I used to use the Inline with Serial connections. it works, but is VERY VERY slow. Big risk in time-outs too, and not worth bricking someone's ECM.

====
It requires a USB to SERIAL adapter for most newer laptops -... or Wait!--- You said the USB is not working , Is it on the Laptop? or the Adapter USB?

If it is the Adapter USB,.. get another one -- It likely will have other failures to follow, and if it is on the Laptop,... well,.. you need USB either way!.

======

To make the Serial work on the Inline, You need a USB-to-SERIAL adapter, drivers for the adapter, and you need to re-assign all your engine software to use the COM port that you have assigned to the Serial adapter. You also need to set the serial adapter to com port 2 usually to prevent interference with other internal devices, such as your touchpad. Most touchpads are still PS2 driven, and usually take the the same IRQ as the old com 1 port did back in the day.

The actual plug where the cord plugs into the Inline box is bad on the female side. I wanted to somehow install a more hearty plug like the serial but work with usb. On the inline 6 at the shop there is a bigger female plug that looks more hearty and tough. Just wanted to check my options because if I have to repair this female side I want to plug in the cord and glue it in! I want my Inline back!
replyreply
08-21-2016, (Subject: How do I get this connection to work? Picture ) 
(08-20-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  I used to use the Inline with Serial connections. it works, but is VERY VERY slow. Big risk in time-outs too, and not worth bricking someone's ECM.

====

======

The actual plug where the cord plugs into the Inline box is bad on the female side. I wanted to somehow install a more hearty plug like the serial but work with usb. On the inline 6 at the shop there is a bigger female plug that looks more hearty and tough. Just wanted to check my options because if I have to repair this female side I want to plug in the cord and glue it in! I want my Inline back!

this may help then ... https://amzn.com/B00EZK6I3O

./uploads/201608/post_2_1471782768_34e0a6ba8953ab24a5ee985c9c4cfe8a.jpg

Less than five bucks.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-22-2016, (Subject: How do I get this connection to work? Picture ) 
(08-21-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-20-2016 )preacherboy24 Wrote:  

====

======

this may help then ... https://amzn.com/B00EZK6I3O

Less than five bucks.

Now if I can find someone to solder it to my mother board. The inline 6 has this type of connection. I would like to just hardwire it in and have the cord coming out of the box. I am currently bidding on a nexiq on ebay......hope I win the bid.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.