CM2250 fuel pump rebuild
10-18-2021, (Subject: CM2250 fuel pump rebuild ) 
CM2250 fuel pump rebuild
I bought a 2012 kenworth with 620k and want to rebuild the fuel pump because even though the entire fuel pump has been replaced I don't know what mileage. Do I need to replace the head assembly or only the barrel and plunger kits? Is there check valves built into the head that can fail? If they fail will they destroy the engine or simply not run properly? Lifters will also be replaced
replyreply
RE: CM2250 fuel pump rebuild
Here's how you check the head. If it's ok just replace barrel's and plungers

https://youtu.be/wKLV4gAUl6o

No bad check valves won't cause engine damage, but if your rail won't hold pressure because of leaking check valves you will overwork that pump and eventually cause premature failure.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Yes the check valves pass when check like that video. I'm assuming a leak down test would be the way to check if the rail is holding pressure?
replyreply
(10-18-2021 )Truckdriven Wrote:  Yes the check valves pass when check like that video. I'm assuming a leak down test would be the way to check if the rail is holding pressure?

yup...

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Please Update if you find the Rebuild kit and where you got it ? I’ve still yet to find the parts from the dealer the only place they be been able to find them is eBay and I don’t want to risk it with something so important. Mr. Hag I believe has these kits or at least knows where to find them I’m assuming based on my conversation with him a month ago but that was with him doing the work and I haven’t been that far south in 8 months
replyreply
(10-18-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  Please Update if you find the Rebuild kit and where you got it ? I’ve still yet to find the parts from the dealer the only place they be been able to find them is eBay and I don’t want to risk it with something so important. Mr. Hag I believe has these kits or at least knows where to find them I’m assuming based on my conversation with him a month ago but that was with him doing the work and I haven’t been that far south in 8 months

My nearest Kenworth dealer is Shartlesville pa, they do not have any at that location but have 9 among all 9 locations and they will transfer parts from other locations for me when they need to. Interestingly only 2 locations have more than 1 in stock most have 1 in stock and some have 0. That is for the barrel and plunger kit.
replyreply
(10-18-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  
(10-18-2021 )Truckdriven Wrote:  Yes the check valves pass when check like that video. I'm assuming a leak down test would be the way to check if the rail is holding pressure?

yup...

Leak down was 322 psi in a minute, easily passing cummins spec
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.