2012 isx coolant pressure
10-19-2021, (Subject: 2012 isx coolant pressure ) 
Thumbs Down 2012 isx coolant pressure
I bought this truck two years ago to use hauling grain off the farm. 2012 Pete 386 735,000 isx15 10speed it was fleet maintained rev limiter at 1700 and speed limiter at 64 so I figured I would let the shop delete it while they were taking that stuff off. Yesterday when I got back to the field it was blowing coolant out of the pressure cap so I changed both caps on the expansion tank washed everything off ran a hose from the pressure cap to a jug and took another load to mill which is about 8 miles away it collected two and a half quarts when I got there but didn’t push any more out on the way back home the hottest it got was 185. I haven’t capped off my compressor yet but I’m quite sure it could be a head gasket are there any reputable shops in the Mid Atlantic area that specialize in these engines that you guys know of? I would like to have it done right the first time it’s set at 400hp from the factory but would 600hp internals and hoping to get rawer to tune it. Thanks for the help
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Will144
RE: 2012 isx coolant pressure
Tow it down to Mr Haggs in Georgia

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
You also need the delete file checked too, to ensure it is not a major contributing factor.. most delete files are horrible and cause engine failures just like you have there.

pull a copy of it our of the ECM and e-mail it to me for a proper review.. so that you know what is exactly in there.. this is nothing bot gamble with.

Also, most shops cannot build an ISX worth a damn (though they all claim they can) any more these days.. so beware of that too.

Some people learn this stuff the hard way and waste tens of thousands of $$$ before they wake up.. Don't be "that guy".

Also, an ISX driven below 1500 its whole life is really hard on the liners.. and head gasket failures are the result. Company spec trucks are the worst for this ... and most also have too tall of rear ends for the loads being carried. Engine is lugged to death the whole time and this significantly shortens their life.

don't become like this scenario...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid41315

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
It seems like most shops around here can’t build any engine to make them last. Is Mr Haggs the only shop you guys recommend?

I’m also not sure how to get this file from the email to send it to you do you have a thread about how that works?
Thanks for the help
replyreply
10-20-2021, (Subject: 2012 isx coolant pressure ) 
just get you a cheap inline-6 adapter kit off flea-bay, a cheap laptop, install whats needed... and pull the file out. For a few hndred bucks you will no longer be giving moneys to ripp-off tuning guys and the OE system of over-priced repair shops every time the CEL comes on.

User's Signature: my wisdom is small. my heart is big. my love for trucking is somewhere in between.
replyreply
An old co worker stopped by the yard yesterday and asked me how my Cummins is running and how my Jake’s work. Then he proceeded to tell me that the company that he works for deleted his 871 in the kenworth he is driving and that his Jake’s are terrible…..I knew right away and said I bet you have a non vgt turbo on it, he said yes . I asked how many times the head has been off he said three ! I laughed and said if you want that thing to run properly tell your boss to put the factory turbo on it and I’ll give you a number for a guy who can tune it right or that head will be coming off again. Then he bragged how he has the most power and guys are jealous but….the engine fan stays on all day.
There is some serious misinformation up here in Canada with tuning and a lot of money wasted. Just a little story I thought I’d share

User's Signature: 2015 389 Peterbilt. ISX 550 18speed 3.70 gears
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873
(10-20-2021 )SemiSweet Wrote:  Then he bragged how he has the most power and guys are jealous

Well that's all that matters isn't it?? Stroke your ego no matter what it costs, what a clown.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-20-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  
(10-20-2021 )SemiSweet Wrote:  Then he bragged how he has the most power and guys are jealous

Well that's all that matters isn't it?? Stroke your ego no matter what it costs, what a clown.

I bet he is also is the first place winner to the fuel pump.... lol

I joke with some of the guys who haul the same "cheap freight" I do. All they usually say is "money in, money out!", "gotta make that big money!", or "Cost of doing business!"

Yeah... sometimes I just sit back with a little shock and awe from the pure stupidity! and that is coming from a stupid person which is myself.

EDIT: To the OP you need to probably tear into that motor as there is something major with it. As Tree98 I would not hesitate to take it to Haggai's. MageRoyal also said to get the inline-6 kit. Most of us will agree on this forum with what is said on this thread. We are here to help and hopefully improve your situation. The Inline-6 would be the first thing to do...

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
10-24-2021, (Subject: 2012 isx coolant pressure ) 
Thank you all for the help as soon as we get a rain delay from harvest I will get the file out I appreciate the help
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.