CAC testing sorta
10-23-2021, (Subject: CAC testing sorta ) 
RE: CAC testing sorta
Well, that was a whole lot better than just throwing money at it or paying someone to find the leak. Below are pics of my new contraption with the pipe plugs. I could only find one major leak at the rubber pipe coming off of the turbo. One of the metal bands ate a hole in the rubber. It wouldn’t hold pressure, so, I’ll have to change this, then do it again looking for other leaks.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , SquareOne
10-24-2021, (Subject: CAC testing sorta ) 
I have found some leaks in some very strange places by using that method... I have even seen air compressor heads pouring boost pressure into the engine crank case before.

BTW:::

WHY are there exhaust bolts missing from the exhaust manifold!??.. and why doe it look like there is a massive exhaust leak on thast thing.. its also all blackened around and behind the exhaust manifold! ... THIS IS A HUGE PROBLEM ALL IN ITSELF and will cause boost problems and fuel mileage issues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Good eye Rawze on spotting my missing bolt. A couple months back, I had the exhaust leak at the manifold. I found 3 broken bolts. I was able to get 2 out with no issues using a guide through the manifold itself. Well, this particular hole broke my ez-out. So, I ordered the drill bit that drills through ez-outs and just hadn’t gotten around to it yet.

No leaks on the exhaust.

The blackness that you see might be permanent. The story goes. I tried the OTR for a couple months. I left San Antonio, Texas and about 100 miles out, I heard a very slight noise. By the time I arrived in Oregon, it was noticeable. Had black soot there. I called several shops in Oregon and they wanted almost $2000 in labor, not including parts. So, I decided I’d fix it when I got home. I left there and drove to Ohio, then took another load down to Arkansas. Afterwards, to Louisiana where I fixed the issue at my parents home. Needless to say, there was plenty of black soot by then. I’ve pressure washed and it’s still there. Next time I’ll try some degreaser and pressure wash.
replyreply
The problem with running them that long with leaking gaskets is that you'll burn the gasket surface and it will no longer be flat, then it's hard to get it to seal again and the only fix is a new head.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.