Cummins 605/2050 immediate RPM drop issue
10-22-2021, (Subject: Cummins 605/2050 immediate RPM drop issue ) 
RE: Cummins 605/2050 immediate RPM drop issue
(10-22-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  How do you sell something like that? Didn't the guy test drive it?

Unfortunately my dealer has gone down hill, the clutch rod adjustment was off so bad that I had to shut the truck off to get it into gear, the ride height leveling valves were set up on the wrongs holes (dual valves on each side) numerous specs came on wrong when ordered. This entire process has been a mess
replyreply
(10-22-2021 )schISM Wrote:  I had the exact same issue with a 22’ Peterbilt I purchased earlier this year. It was as if the VGT stage of the engine brake was active at all times except during actual engine braking. It would do this until the oil temperature reached 210f. Shifting around town was just ridiculous and you’d have to precisely meter the throttle if you hoped to get a smooth shift. I started at the dealer level with no luck and escalated the matter to a factory Cummins shop by way of Cummins Care. No luck at all. In the end I sold it and picked up a 2250. I’m enjoying the drive again.

This is exactly it… explained perfectly, I Spoke with a service writer at a Rush truck centers out In Oklahoma and he did say they’ve dealt with this issue before and it was able to be changed in the ECM, I’m hoping I can make some progress today. It literally makes driving a nightmare. Also mine does not seem to be effected by oil temp
replyreply
(10-22-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  How do you sell something like that? Didn't the guy test drive it?

Full disclosure, a bank wire to my account and yes he did test drive it. It doesn’t bother some people but it drove me nuts paying that much for a truck that has issues from the get-go.

(10-22-2021 )WICT800 Wrote:  This is exactly it… explained perfectly, I Spoke with a service writer at a Rush truck centers out In Oklahoma and he did say they’ve dealt with this issue before and it was able to be changed in the ECM, I’m hoping I can make some progress today. It literally makes driving a nightmare. Also mine does not seem to be effected by oil temp

Well I wish ya the best of luck but my experience with factory trained techs was pretty dismal. I expected them to break out C@lterm and email engineering the file to be fixed or at least have an update addressing the issue. I had to help the guy navigate “features and parameters” in Insite so he could make sure the engine brake wasn’t “latched” and there was a delay before activating it.

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply
(10-22-2021 )schISM Wrote:  Well I wish ya the best of luck but my experience with factory trained techs was pretty dismal. I expected them to break out C@lterm and email engineering the file to be fixed or at least have an update addressing the issue. I had to help the guy navigate “features and parameters” in Insite so he could make sure the engine brake wasn’t “latched” and there was a delay before activating it.
Thank you, I am sitting in the parking lot as we speaking, they should be out shortly with the computer, what are some key features I should look for on Insight ?
replyreply
(10-22-2021 )WICT800 Wrote:  Thank you, I am sitting in the parking lot as we speaking, they should be out shortly with the computer, what are some key features I should look for on Insight ?

The pic shows where ya need to be. The only thing they checked was that it didn’t activate when you used the service brake and then changed clutch pedal activation which I’m quite sure they were guessing at as that move had to be double checked with a higher up and a promise that if that didn’t work just bring it back.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Must be a setting in the ecm image parameters and not the actual program then ?? Those don't change if you just flash in an updated program right? That would explain why multiple reflashing hasn't changed anything.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
Cummins have informed me that Cummins is in fact aware of this issue and I’m one of the lucky ones who has it I guess, it’s in the actual HARDWARE and cannot be changed until a fix becomes created
replyreply
(10-22-2021 )WICT800 Wrote:  Cummins have informed me that Cummins is in fact aware of this issue and I’m one of the lucky ones who has it I guess, it’s in the actual HARDWARE and cannot be changed until a fix becomes created

Uhm....sounds like a service manager fairy tale on a “I don’t care Friday” I tried for two months following up on phone calls and emails before giving up on it. It’s just as Cummins intended it to be purely for the emissions. It’s using the VGT to trap heat in and keep exhaust temps up.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains
Yea a full load of BS there. If that were the case they could just give you a new ECM. Maybe you'll get lucky and be invited somewhere that can figure it out.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.