In need of a new Radiator? Try these guys...
07-05-2016, (Subject: In need of a new Radiator? Try these guys... ) 
RE: In need of a new Radiator? Try these guys...
(07-05-2016 )Tyler b Wrote:  I have used Cool Core out of Grande Prairie ab about 2 years ago. You can't beat the prices and very helpful . They will find anything you need,they are also honest if they don't know . Just though I would let the guys up these way know . I support the (old school) business any time I can . It's to bad they are a dying breed to gimme your money and get the f$$$ out shops .
They will also custom build or pull apart and clean for odd ball or custom projects. I got a oem rad and air to air for cheaper then just the rad from the stealership ,plus shipping throw in ( greyhound ) needed as soon as possible .
Just anther option

Be real careful about CAC units that are not OEM spec. they can cost you big time in fuel mileage and engine efficiency.

You should read this post carefully...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...41#pid3441

This guy didn't fair so well either...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...02#pid2802

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(03-29-2016 )yamajason Wrote:  What did your mechanic have to say about this new radiator of yours Waterloo?

Boy, I forgot about this thread... On my radiator from Detroit Radiator that was installed a few months prior to my in frame. We got the Detroit brand radiator out, and discovered that the mounting isolators were there. The radiator was floating due to one of the isolators giving way to age, new ones were not installed which is my fault for not getting a motel room and babysitting the job. The radiator was floating in there and had a good hole started in her from rubbing against the lower support and was well on its way to failure.

Can I say run or avoid Detroit Radiator, no. But, I did install a new International OEM radiator in the ProStar during the in frame. I did this after figuring in my costs involved in the in frame, and remembering the issues with things like aftermarket CACs and EGR coolers. It took me all of two seconds to say put a new radiator in, an OEM radiator. I was charged $935.00 for that one, which was $200 more than the Detroit brand.

One thing I have learned, sometimes aftermarket is the way to go, say like on my heater core which is $700+ from the dealer vs $200 from Peterbilt, not allot to go wrong there. But on other things, like this radiator or a CAC, I'm just biting the bullet and getting the parts from the dealer. At least on this truck... If I had an older truck, without all of the sensors and other nonsense, I would be more open about the aftermarket parts. Right now, not so much.
replyreply
I think Detroit rad is one of the good ones out there this is jist opinion of course, I've only used their CAC and so far have been pretty happy with it. I thought I was getting the bar and plate one but the basic model ended up showing up and it is spot on identical looking to the OEM CAC I pulled out. And so far has been trouble over the last year of me using it.

Since I put the new turbo on that's flowing alot more air! the CAC isn't showing any signs of being a restriction in anyway and seen to be taking it like a champ.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.