04’ cm870 air compressor keeps breaking
10-24-2021, (Subject: 04’ cm870 air compressor keeps breaking ) 
04’ cm870 air compressor keeps breaking
So the air compressor that came with the truck when I purchased it in may broke around July.The replacement I purchased broke on August 9th,and it’s replacement just broke today.The last two times I parked,left the truck running and went into the truck stop.Returned and the low air pressure light was on.I tried the WD40 in the inlet but nothing changed.What could be causing this? Bad Reman’s?
replyreply
10-24-2021, (Subject: 04’ cm870 air compressor keeps breaking ) 
RE: 04’ cm870 air compressor keeps breaking
you need to pull it apart and find out exactly what failed inside it, and why. That is likely the only way to know for sure what the underlying problem might be.

are you sure its not ingesting something from the intake?.. like the inner-walls pieces of a worn out CAC boot or something else?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-25-2021, (Subject: 04’ cm870 air compressor keeps breaking ) 
(10-24-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  you need to pull it apart and find out exactly what failed inside it, and why. That is likely the only way to know for sure what the underlying problem might be.

are you sure its not ingesting something from the intake?.. like the inner-walls pieces of a worn out CAC boot or something else?

Thanks! Is the top cover of the air compressor the area I need to take apart?
replyreply
That’s the compressor inlet hose.Do you think that’s the one that caused it?

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
(10-25-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  That’s the compressor inlet hose.Do you think that’s the one that caused it?

Rotten and aging hoses (or rusty piping) are a big problem on a vehicle.. causes all kinds of damage. Also if it is de-mandated and has block-off plates.. the block-off plates can rust and flake and get intot he air compressor or engine intake, causing compression loss and eventual engine / air compressor / turbo failures.

Also, some OEM places will not warranty an air compressor unless you also replace the air-dryer too.. If the air dryer is old, you need to replace that as well. This is because the air dryer can over-work the air compressor or cause it to over-pressure and spike.. and make them fail as well.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Looks to me compressor gettting hot from running all the time. How often is compressor popping off?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Redland1
(10-25-2021 )Mr Hagg Wrote:  Looks to me compressor gettting hot from running all the time. How often is compressor popping off?

Constantly.
replyreply
Got the new compressor and also a new dryer.Hopefully it helps with the constant purging.
replyreply
(10-25-2021 )Redland1 Wrote:  Got the new compressor and also a new dryer.Hopefully it helps with the constant purging.

you need to replace all old hoses and CAC boots that look old .. check all piping on intake for rust and flaking on insides.. check any blocked off cisrcuits, replace the air dryer unit and fix all air leaks.

you also need to ensure you do not have excessive blo-by and that there is no pressure building in the crank case.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.