High oil temp and pressure sluggish moyor
10-25-2021, (Subject: High oil temp and pressure sluggish moyor ) 
High oil temp and pressure sluggish moyor
Hey guys i just had my waterpump, intake throttle valve replaced as well as a doc dpf bake and a couple of coolant lines going to the dpf replaced. When i picked the truck up the temp wouldn't go up and my oil pressure was at 50psi for an hour before dropping and its never been above 40-45psi ever. My oil temp is staying at 230 while driving and before it was at a steady 200 degrees. My truck is also now getting HORRIBLE MPG and does not pull or have power worth a shi#t. Is this something that could be caused by the repairs done wrong? Also when i picked the truck up it did a parked regen 20miles later and apparently the shop didnt tighten the clamp where turbo meets the downpipe and it was leaking smoke like crazy. Could that have damaged anything like my turbo ot sensors? Im on my way to pick up an IMAP, BAP, and DELTA P sensor to see if that helps but i would sure like any advice. The truck has 630,000mi and is still under warranty for 2 months. Let me know if you need anymore info or if you have any advice. I appreciate it guys!
replyreply
RE: High oil temp and pressure sluggish moyor
if they baked the DPF, etc.. then it should not have asked for e regen so soon .. something still sounds wrong with it to me.

and who is "they" .. an OEM stealers$it?.. they are nothing but incopmpetent fools who know nothing mutch-sticks about these engines or how they run.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Crosscarriers
Yes it was Summit International in Kansas City Missouri. Like i said it regened 20mi after picking it up and it just regened again about 30mins ago.
Ive only put maybe 2000mi on the truck since picking it up and when i pulled over it was leaking smoke again right after the turbo pretty much right there at the doser valve and nox sensor. Its not smoking as much as it was before we tightened the clamp but definitely still leaking. Could this damage my turbo or doser? And shouldn't this trigger a sensor somewhere? I appreciate all the help!!!
replyreply
Did they wash the dpf out with water? Maybe the smoke your leaking is actually steam? If they used a liquid to clean the dpf it washes the precious metals out of it and ruins it.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
10-26-2021, (Subject: High oil temp and pressure sluggish moyor ) 
(10-25-2021 )Crosscarriers Wrote:  Yes it was Summit International in Kansas City Missouri. Like i said it regened 20mi after picking it up and it just regened again about 30mins ago.
Ive only put maybe 2000mi on the truck since picking it up and when i pulled over it was leaking smoke again right after the turbo pretty much right there at the doser valve and nox sensor. Its not smoking as much as it was before we tightened the clamp but definitely still leaking. Could this damage my turbo or doser? And shouldn't this trigger a sensor somewhere? I appreciate all the help!!!

any exhaust leaks will severely degrade the ability for the DPF to regen itself properly.. you need to either /.... FIX IT YOURSELF AND STOP RELYING ON THOSE OEM GARBAGE-CAN SHOPS/..... OR TAKE IT BACK TO THEM AND DEMAND THEY FIX IT RIGHT.. BECAUSE AN EXHAUST LEAK OF ANY KIND IS NOT ONLY HARMFUL TO THE AFTER-TREATMENT SYSTEM.. BUT EVEN MORE HARMFUL TO THE DRIVER.. AND A SERIOUS SAFETY ISSUE.. AS IT CAN CAUSER CARBON-MONOXIDE POISONING AND CAUSE YOU TO FALL ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL AND KILL SOMEONE OR YOURSELF!!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Yeah so they washed it by accident and i had to remind them i wanted it baked so they did that as well. I dont think its steam because of the smell. I just bought the gasket/seal to replace it and i also bought a new imap, delta p, dpf pressure, exhaust pressure and dpf temperature sensor and im hoping that this will fix it or at least one of the new sensors will detect something because i have no check engine lights. Another quick question. With the sensors i just named will it be ok to just replace them or will i need to hook it up to cummins insight to recalibrate or reset anything? I dont wanna mess anything up and then it be my fault. Oh yeah one more thing when i took the truck back to the dealer as soon as it started smoking and they tightened the clamp the guy there said that he doesnt think they even removed the pipe in the first place. They would have to disconnect all that to clean the doc/dpf and replace the coolant lines running back there right? It was not doing this before i took it there.
replyreply
Ok so with it being covered under warranty still im going to take it back but i would appreciate any advice on what i need to make sure they check so they dont weasel their way out of anything. Or better yet is there anyone or who you guys would recommend to have look at it and diagnose it before i take it back to the dealer or is there anyone on here that would do it? Of course i would pay them for their time! Id just like to make sure the dealer actually fixes whats wrong instead of some bullshit!!! Please let me know! Thanks Guys!!
replyreply
If they washed the dpf and catalyst, theyre ruined...
replyreply
(10-26-2021 )hookliftpete Wrote:  If they washed the dpf and catalyst, theyre ruined...

Well i requested them to be baked but when i called to check on it their service dept said they had used the cleaning solution i believe. I just know they cleaned them some other way and i had to remind them i wanted it baked. Im not sure of the other ways to ckean them. Ive seen videos of ppl power washing them
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.