Cummins actuator calibration.
10-26-2021, (Subject: Cummins actuator calibration. ) 
Cummins actuator calibration.
Hello everyone. Sorry I'am beating a dead horse here this is the story have a poorly deleted 2012 ISC 8.3 the VGT drive circuit was deleted from ECM file and not replaced with the new deleted tune. Had a controller built to run the VGT. I've had to replace the actuator and can't calibrate it. Does anyone have a source for a standalone tester/calibrator? Thanks again.
replyreply
10-27-2021, (Subject: Cummins actuator calibration. ) 
RE: Cummins actuator calibration.
So has the demandate program been properly fixed? Not sure what you mean by "had a controller built to run the vgt" you need good programming in the ecm so you can calibrate with insite.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
10-27-2021, (Subject: Cummins actuator calibration. ) 
RE: Cummins actuator calibration.
(10-26-2021 )Beaglemechanic Wrote:  Hello everyone. Sorry I'am beating a dead horse here this is the story have a poorly deleted 2012 ISC 8.3 the VGT drive circuit was deleted from ECM file and not replaced with the new deleted tune. Had a controller built to run the VGT. I've had to replace the actuator and can't calibrate it. Does anyone have a source for a standalone tester/calibrator? Thanks again.

Start by pulling a copy of the file out of the ecm and e-mailing it to me for a review.
ref: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid63893

it sounds to me like your trying to band-aide a problem that is severely going to shorten the life of that engine. Around here, we only encourage things be done correctly and not be half-baked.

There are proper ways to do things and nothing you said so far sounds like any of them.

=====

BTW: A properly made program would allow you to use all the correct procedures to replace the turbo including the ability to calibrating it, same as factory programming. If the de-mandate program is not allowing you to calibrate the turbo then you can be assured the rest of the program is nothing but harmful garbage too.. and that engine is doomed!.

============

All this stuffs can be done correctly and safely.. WITHOUT ALL THE RIP-OFF SHOPS AND PEOPLE WITH GARBAGE-CAN "TUNES" TRYING TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU, CHARGING YOU THOUSANDS OF $$$. The files that are needed are on the interwebs for FREE.. and have been since about 2013 or so.. AND for most people who can operate a computer on a basic level, IT IS VERY EASY TO DO YOURSELF, OR WITH ONLY MINIMAL HELP.. There is no need to pay thousands of $$$doll#ers to "have it done" when in reality, a $300 e-bay datalink adapter and a cheap-o laptop + some guidance is all it takes. People do it for themselves all the time around here .. or with a little bit of assistance ... CORRECTLY AND PROPERLY... and without all the $$$$ rip-off moneys that these greedy shops/idiots are trying to rape you for.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.