Engine swap
11-01-2021, (Subject: Engine swap ) 
Engine swap
I purchased a Isx15 550 that came out of a 2014 peterbilt 389. I have a 2015 Prostar with a Isx15 450st. Cummins said it would work. They used my ecm, Intake and crank case filter. It is running and pulling good but I have a howling noise when it starts to boost but will go away when I let off the throttle. I am thinking I am going to have to have my ECM they used flased to match the motor I purchased. I seen a thread where a guy had the same issue and it ended up being the lift transfer pump not working. Well I checked and mine was not working so replaced it and I still have that howl. The question is can I have my ECM flased to match the motor I purchased and is now in my truck. I will attach both data plates.      
replyreply
11-02-2021, (Subject: Engine swap ) 
RE: Engine swap
Yeah, that probably won't work by just swapping ecm's. You have a different size turbo, injectors, fuel trim codes...etc. You need the proper calibration for those internals.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620
Where can I get that done? Cummins?
replyreply
(11-01-2021 )Slstransport917 Wrote:  ...
They used my ecm, Intake and crank case filter.

Whoever "They" is,,.. is not very smart...

Nothing inside those 2 engines is compatible with each other. Not the cams, not the pistons, not the injectors, and not even the turbocharger!.

The programming for each of them is very different accordingly!.

-- The incompetent morons who you reefer to as "They" ... didnot sound very computer savvy or very smart!. They (or at least someone) needed to put the proper programming for the model engine you had installed into the vehicle according to the engine ser# for that engine!.

At least it would have matched the engine hardware!.. However, the emissions systems and vehicle specifics in the programming is another story...

The Emissions systems that are needed for each of those engines is often VERY different. The programming that was in the engine for the Pete and bigger CPL is meant for bigger intake and exhaust piping than for a mid-tier prostar. As well, the Pete has larger DOC, DPF, and SCR units, requiring different emissions system settings. This means that you now have mid-teir emissions system on a big-tier engine!... and this can lead to extra problems with these systems.

so ... it sounds to me like yourself.. and "They"... made a mess of things!. Not only that, but you could not give me for free.. an engine out of a big square-nose pete to put into my prostar. It is almost a given fact that it likely had been abused and lugged to death its whole life, and is not going to live much longer any ways. - but that is a topic for a whole other subject!.

So.. the problem is that the closest compatible program would be the one that belongs to the engine that is in it (Program EF10067). At least it would have somewhat matched... However that may still not be 100% ideal, depending on what emissions system canisters you have under the truck. It may or may not give you extra troubles depending on how hard that engine is worked .. as it is now somewhat over-sized for the emissions system that is actually on the truck.

- I.E.> it needs program -= EF10064 (525hp/1850trq)=- or -= EF10067 (550hp/1850trq) =- installed into it.

Also, is this truck "Deleted"?. (de-mandated)?...
I can only guess that .. "they" .. perhaps did this half-arssed debotchery of using your old ECM and its programming because maybe you have some "delete" programming in your ECM?. If this is the case then your problems are most likely MUCH MUCH bigger that you think due to the fact that more than 90%+ of all de-mandate programming is extremely harmful to the engine to begin with.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(11-01-2021 )Slstransport917 Wrote:  ...

I have a 2015 Prostar
It is running and pulling good but I have a howling noise when it starts to boost but will go away when I let off the throttle.

This sounds to me like possibly a bad manifold gasket or maybe the turbo mounting gasket.. those are the most common places that would cause this. It likely has nothing to do much with "what program" is in your ecm... however you do need that incorrect program in the ECM fixed as well... so might as well start there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Can you give me re s call {phone number removed by Rawze}.
replyreply
Aren't you in GA?
replyreply
(11-02-2021 )Rawze Wrote:  ..
Also, is this truck "Deleted"?. (de-mandated)?...

No it's not deleted
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.