EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy?
10-31-2021, (Subject: EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy? ) 
EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy?
I have a 2013 cm2350 with almost a million miles. What can expect? Should be replaced preemptively?
replyreply
RE: EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy?
You can get your Maintenance manual on Quickserve.com if you haven’t registered already. As for for the life expectancy of the entire engine is 50/50 you make it to a million before in frame so I’d say everyday with that thing is A gift from god. I’d just keep inspecting for leaks daily and do an EGR tube up Rawze has videos that walk you through the entire process on YouTube.
replyreply
Fuel pump rebuilt every 400K !! That's the most important.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(10-31-2021 )Oram Wrote:  I have a 2013 cm2350 with almost a million miles. What can expect? Should be replaced preemptively?

(This post assumes that the engine is not de-mandated and the EGR system is still active)...

As far as the EGR cooler goes, they are pretty tough typically unless it is installed in a bind.

As far as maintenance on one, I would say that a good action would be, after 600k+ miles (or equivalent engine hours), if the turbo has to come off it for any reason, it would be a good idea to also pull the EGR cooler and have clean out thoroughly of all carbon and soot buildup too... as well as pressure test it before putting it back on.

It should also be done if the turbo is over-working itself all the time at idle and an EGR-tune-up did not solve it.

Over time, their efficiency drops off considerably due to carbon packing and soot buildup. This causes the turbo to over-work itself at idle and all sorts of other fuel mileage and other issues.

here is one related post: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid49254

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you for the answers, I appreciate it. Yes, my emission system is intact. I replaced the DPF and DOCK filters to aftermarket metal core ones and a new SCR as they gave lot of headache. And a few DEF dozer. However on the engine side I had to replace one injector and the fuel pump was replaced under a recall campaign around 300,000 miles. That is all. Other than that, I use Valvoline Restore oil once in every couple years, to keep the piston ring carbon build up in bay. I drive gently, rarely see hills, I try to run light, my average load no more than 30,000lbs. Last quarter IFTA was 9.36. I am bad with the wrenches, have no place or intention to be a mechanic. I have great respect for people who work on their trucks, but always break, tears, sized things get in my way if I try. So, I just try to think and organize the maintenance around the company garage and dealerships. But really appreciate for every information what helps me to stay on the top of the issues.
replyreply
(10-31-2021 )Oram Wrote:  the fuel pump was replaced under a recall campaign around 300,000 miles. That is all.

I hope your not saying you have almost 700K mi. on the current pump?? If that's the case your living on borrowed time to put it lightly!!!

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
(10-31-2021 )tree98 Wrote:  
(10-31-2021 )Oram Wrote:  the fuel pump was replaced under a recall campaign around 300,000 miles. That is all.

I hope your not saying you have almost 700K mi. on the current pump?? If that's the case your living on borrowed time to put it lightly!!!
Yes Sir. I have thought I am safe with the update, but will look after my options quickly.
replyreply
11-01-2021, (Subject: EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy? ) 
(10-31-2021 )Oram Wrote:  ...
Yes Sir. I have thought I am safe with the update, but will look after my options quickly.

NO... YOU ARE NOT SAFE... ALL ISX COMMON RAIL FUEL PUMP DESIGNS AND UPDATES SO FAR STILL FAIL AND DESTROY THE ENTIRE ENGINE!.

The rule of thumb to prevent total engine destruction is to replace the guts of the fuel pump every 400k miles (or 8k hours) of run time to prevent it. After 400k miles or so, your on borrowed time and with no warning whatsoever.. you could loose the entire engine.

The only difference in the latest, up-to-date pumps is that it takes 3-4 days for it to completely tear up everything inside your engine into shreds, instead of only one day... all while you have no idea that it is doing so until it locks up and its far too late!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-01-2021, (Subject: EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy? ) 
Thank you for the warning. I have read now this topic on the forum and I will act quickly.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.