EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy?
10-31-2021, (Subject: EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy? ) 
RE: EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy?
(10-31-2021 )Oram Wrote:  I have a 2013 cm2350 with almost a million miles. What can expect? Should be replaced preemptively?

(This post assumes that the engine is not de-mandated and the EGR system is still active)...

As far as the EGR cooler goes, they are pretty tough typically unless it is installed in a bind.

As far as maintenance on one, I would say that a good action would be, after 600k+ miles (or equivalent engine hours), if the turbo has to come off it for any reason, it would be a good idea to also pull the EGR cooler and have clean out thoroughly of all carbon and soot buildup too... as well as pressure test it before putting it back on.

It should also be done if the turbo is over-working itself all the time at idle and an EGR-tune-up did not solve it.

Over time, their efficiency drops off considerably due to carbon packing and soot buildup. This causes the turbo to over-work itself at idle and all sorts of other fuel mileage and other issues.

here is one related post: http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...4#pid49254

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: EGR valve, EGR cooler life expectancy? - Rawze - 10-31-2021

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.