Fuel Additives
10-31-2021, (Subject: Fuel Additives ) 
Fuel Additives
{post removed by Rawze}.
replyreply
RE: Fuel Additives
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...622#pid622

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
Rawze do you use the top additives from that 2007 study ? I kind of took it as the cost outweighs the benefits but Low sulfur diesel is terrible at lubricity without any additives and truckers ability to test the fuel we buy isn’t realistic so we have to trust the station we buy it from ? And that alone is scary to me that these stations are literally running through the heart and souls of our trucks and one person failing to treat the fuel properly will wreak havoc on our lives. Does this test look legit or propaganda ? {propaganda removed}
replyreply
I use a big bottle of diesel-kleen (half bottle in each tank). Don;t get me wrong ... I am not promoting them at all... its just what I do myself. I suppose it is out of sheer luck, as I have never proven that this makes a damn difference or not except when we fuel at places with high bio-diesel content.. the difference seems measurable at times.. but then again it still could be placebo effect. I add a bottle about once a month or so like clockwork. i suppose with bio (corn-diesel, as I call it), anything additive would help a bit though... it certainly has been proven to not be as good as dyno-diesel.

My original injectors had 1.3 million miles on them when I finally replaced them for the first time. Also, as far as the the entire IFSM module goes, the solenoids, actuators, fuel pump, electric fuel pump .. etc are all still 100% original factory so far at 1.4 million miles on them. - I would say this is a very successful result but i would not even begin to claim it was any of the fuel additives... but more-so the 7-10 micron filtration from the davco and just taking good care of things properly.

am not expecting a miracle cure in a bottle, and am not a fan of such claims as they never seem to pan out vs. the costs. .. I don't believe in them... but it is a fact that the fuel suppliers are not always up to snuff with adding the proper amounts of lubricant to replace the missing sulphur (which is ash-less 2-cycle engine oil by the way) at some whole-salers.

I am also NOT a fan of product promotions on this forum though either. So if you keep posting garbage claims and product promotions.. they will keep being deleted!. i.E.> Mantioning what you do for your own truck during a conversation is one thing... but trying to make threads and/or convince others of it, is going to get deleted off here real fast.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhostHauling
Well I apologize it came off as such, I suppose I’m just looking for some sort of consensus on this subject as I blow allot of money on additives and like you said you really don’t know if it’s doing anything all I do know is when I fueled at loves a year ago my dang water fuel separator about plugged up with Green looking fuel so I suppose I’m just trying to find an additive that has been Tried & True obviously the claims on the bottle are crap some stupid stuff like 8 % increase in fuel economy heck everyone would use them than. With my truck being up there to 715,000 I’m trying to do everything I can to keep her going.
replyreply
11-01-2021, (Subject: Fuel Additives ) 
(10-31-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  Well I apologize it came off as such, I suppose I’m just looking for some sort of consensus on this subject as I blow allot of money on additives and like you said you really don’t know if it’s doing anything all I do know is when I fuelled at loves a year ago my dang water fuel separator about plugged up with Green looking fuel so I suppose I’m just trying to find an additive that has been Tried & True obviously the claims on the bottle are crap some stupid stuff like 8 % increase in fuel economy heck everyone would use them than. With my truck being up there to 715,000 I’m trying to do everything I can to keep her going.

- I have had people over here and tested some of this kind of "miracl-grow" fuel additives stuffs in the past with them. The live fuel flow into the engine did not change in a positive direction one damn bit every time, after pouring a bunch of it into the Davco unit, and watching what difference it made.. except to watch the fuel consumption on most of them actually went UP not down.

I would bet to say that almost all of those gimmicks are nothing but some 2-cycle and other garbage, mixed with some very abrasive #1 diesel -- or god forbid .. something like methanol or other lower octane per volume type of fuel not meant for a diesel engine.

ALSO: ... as soon as you see an advertisement about how "it has superios results" in one of those scam device "lubricant friction testers"where they put a weight and rub/ scrape one bearing roller against another at high speeds, .. you know your drinking the cool-aide. Those tests are nothing much but an absolute visual scam!. Those tests show absolutely nothing whatsoever towards measuring any type of actual fuel system, engine system, or any other kind of actual component protections vs. actual engine component operations. Any slight variation in overall viscosity, or simply wax content itself, will throw that test way off from one product to another when in fact "the one that won the test" will almost always provide NO EXTRA BENEFIT (but instead, usually more harm over time) inside an engine or actual gear-box at all. You could do the test with most soaps or NLGI type lubricants (meant to actually prevent actual frictions of that type inside machinery) and find far superiors results... but you go run liquid soap or an NLGI mix in your engine and see how fast you end up on the side of the roads.

Like I said.. Don't drink the proverbial cool-aide.. its unhealthy for your engine!.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhostHauling , Toolguy
Well I appreciate you input on the matter as always which is exactly why I come to you for your input i can only imagine most guys are trying to do whatever they can to prolong their engine life and as you understand very well these manufacturers make money when we buy their parts and with so much greed it’s like my pap used to tell me “believe non of what you hear and half of what you see. Anyways Thanks Rawze for your Insight.
replyreply
Stanadyne only thing Ive put in mine for as a "cleaner/booster"
replyreply
 Thanks given by: GhostHauling
How often have you used it ? And did you have any measurable improvement?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.