Two New codes I’ve never seen before
11-01-2021, (Subject: Two New codes I’ve never seen before ) 
Thumbs Up Two New codes I’ve never seen before
SPN-598 Clutch switch & SPN-1552 Operator input device for can climate control. They popped up close together first time since I’ve had truck over a year now 2014 international Prostar ISX-15 Cm2350 two months since mandate expired
replyreply
11-01-2021, (Subject: Two New codes I’ve never seen before ) 
RE: Two New codes I’ve never seen before
I’ll also add these codes came through my Elog device and I only noticed my high idle cruise wouldn’t work but when I just got home it was working fine again.
replyreply
11-02-2021, (Subject: Two New codes I’ve never seen before ) 
Not sure what the climate one means....clutch switch sounds like from the symptoms you described could be sticking on, or the pedal never returned all the way out keeping the switch pushed. No cruise/high idle. If you run in dusty areas the hinge/linkage/switch button could be gummed up.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , GhostHauling
11-02-2021, (Subject: Two New codes I’ve never seen before ) 
I read about that infamous clutch switch after posting mine hasn’t gave any symptoms and today neither codes came back and the high idle worked fine. I was in a little dirt and mud yesterday nothing crazy just to unload but for good measure I did a through wash of the truck and sadly everything is already caked in salt & calcium I have one load left that I have to do this week and that Vibration damper is going in attempt number two will be the one it’s crazy everyone said if you don’t change that vibration damper it’ll cause electrical issues among many more so I buy one it sits before I get it in and wired electrical things start happening. But I appreciate it as always.
replyreply
11-04-2021, (Subject: Two New codes I’ve never seen before ) 
I dont know what the damper would have to do with electrical problems unless it's about to come apart and the alternator isn't charging correctly (ultra rare)

If your having electrical issues then you need to be chasing down grounds and connections all over the truck. Start by changing every single fuse, relay and breaker that is in the entire truck. Pull apart and clean every ground and positive connection on the entire truck. Spray all connections with a liberal coating of heavy duty marine grade electrical protectant spray. Then go to the firewall and disconnect and thoroughly inspect and clean every single firewall connector. This I'd a tremendous help to keeping the gremlins out of the electrical system. Especially if you truck lives in wet, cold and filthy areas.

And do not pressure wash any of these connections. EVER. Once you force water and grime past the weatherpacking you'll always have water and grime getting into the connection.
replyreply
11-05-2021, (Subject: Two New codes I’ve never seen before ) 
There was a thread on here everyone was talking about the vibration damper causing electrical problems among the other things that it does when it starts to go bad so I purchased a new one and two days later those codes popped up so it was a little ominous to say the least
replyreply
11-05-2021, (Subject: Two New codes I’ve never seen before ) 
(11-05-2021 )GhostHauling Wrote:  There was a thread on here everyone was talking about the vibration damper causing electrical problems among the other things that it does when it starts to go bad so I purchased a new one and two days later those codes popped up so it was a little ominous to say the least

The vibration damper itself will not cause ghost electrical problems .. but if it allows excess vibration becasue it is going bad, will also often lead to wires rubbing thru and other electrical issues. At that point, replacing only the damper alone will not solve the electrical issues ... the electrical issues also need to be tracked down and solved too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.